Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 31, 2007, 2:06 AM   #1

Taken August 20, 2005 in the woods between Busteni and Azuga (Prahova Valley, Romania). Konika Minolta Dimage Z5, 1/50 seconds, focal length 26.78.

The cub was very playful yet prudent. He left after about 10 minutes (I took 14 photos in total) and weweren't in the mood for a chaseso we left too - what if he brought over his mother, to pose for the friendly photographer?...........
Attached Images

razvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:24 AM   #2

Bears are so intelligent; he was as curious about you and you were about him. You're right, not good to have the mother join the mix most times. Last summer in NM, however, when mom saw me she climbed a tree and left two cubs on the ground. She was probably demonstrating what the cubs should do but they kept on foraging. Nice photo.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:07 AM   #3

Really nice shot... I always get excited on the occasions a bear decides to wander around my neighborhood. Haven't been able to get a decent shot yet, though. I would be thrilled to get one as good as yours!
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:42 PM   #4

razvan wrote:
Quote:
Taken August 20, 2005 in the woods between Busteni and Azuga (Prahova Valley, Romania). Konika Minolta Dimage Z5, 1/50 seconds, focal length 26.78.

The cub was very playful yet prudent. He left after about 10 minutes (I took 14 photos in total) and weweren't in the mood for a chaseso we left too - what if he brought over his mother, to pose for the friendly photographer?...........
Lovely pic!!, but at 26mm i don't think i'd want to meet mum at all:?, unless your an olympic sprinter:lol:. Kind regards. Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:33 AM   #5

26 mm focal on my camera is the equivalent of 164 mm for a 35 mm film camera...

The following photos, although not as well-framed as the first, were taken at 69.45 mm (equivalent to 420 mm from a 35 mm film camera). Same day, same subject.
Attached Images

razvan is offline   Reply With Quote