Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:41 PM   #1

So today we had some rather unusual nice weather so I tried my best to take advantage of it.. Tell me what you think of these pics
Attached Images

chrissch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:46 PM   #2

here's another one
Attached Images

Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:04 AM   #3
Super Moderator

I like both shots but the second one is thephoto that really hits the spot. You have exposed this really well in conditions that can be difficult to say the least and the framing also works well. Were you using an ND Grad filter at a slight angle, with this as they sky is getting darker over on the left side? If you get a chance to do something similar again then shooting multiple shots and stitching together to have the progression of the rider would look tidy too. Don't forget to use a tripod to make things easier.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:16 AM   #4

That second shot is great. Exposure is really tough in snow.
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:00 PM   #5

Agreed. Both snow and beach are difficult to get right, you've donde GREAT in the snow. Excellent!
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 2:22 AM   #6

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
I like both shots but the second one is thephoto that really hits the spot. You have exposed this really well in conditions that can be difficult to say the least and the framing also works well. Were you using an ND Grad filter at a slight angle, with this as they sky is getting darker over on the left side? If you get a chance to do something similar again then shooting multiple shots and stitching together to have the progression of the rider would look tidy too. Don't forget to use a tripod to make things easier.
Hey Mark,

I wasnt using a nd filter, I had a polarizing fiter on . i see what you mean about the sky darkening and welll I dont know haha. before i cropped this picture it was darker at the top and fading towards the center of the image thats what made me crop this one the way it is but i was happy with it in the end. Next time ill give multiple shots a try, i think that would have been neat for this shot. thanks again! im allways getting good tips from your posts!