Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 6, 2007, 5:16 PM   #1

Im new to the world of photography with less than a month of experience. I figured one way to improve upon my new hobby is to place some pictures up for comments and critique. Please dont hold back on anything you may have to say, i can take it. If i didnt post the picture the correct way please inform me this is my very first post
Attached Images

lilant56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:12 PM   #2

I'd say you're off to a good start.

She's beautiful, and the white tank top is a great background for the interesting necklaces.

As to framing, I'd say that it would have been better if there weren't so much out-of-focus background above her head, and it also would have been better if you had captured the entire necklace instead of chopping off the bottom of the longest one. I think maybe you were just looking at her face instead of looking at the entire image.

A couple of minor points: the background doesn't do much for the earrings, and it doesn't show her hair very well (Hint: ALWAYS compose to show off a woman's hair! Women spend a lot of time and money on their hair, and you should recognize that and capture it in your photos.)(They will, of course, deny this.)

Otherwise, I like it a lot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:19 PM   #3

Overall this is a nice image.

The pose is very nice for this subject and the setting you have is perfect to have a nice portrait. The clothing choice is less than ideal. The white top becomes the center of interest in this image instead of the subjects eyes.

I agree with the previous poster that we generally want to see more hair detail and that goes for men too. The lighting on her hair is nice and you have plenty of seperation from the background.

The background elements in this scene are dark so the subjects clothing should be dark tones as well. You want to avoid clothing that is brighter than the subjects eyes.

Thanks for sharing.

Rodney Blair
Attached Images

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:06 PM   #4

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
we generally want to see more hair detail and that goes for men too.
Really?
Attached Images

TCav is offline   Reply With Quote