Attached Images

Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:15 PM   #2

And here is the photo shopped picture.
Attached Images

Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:10 PM   #3

Descent shot, and since it's in the C&C section, I'll give my $.02 worth. Nice focus, nice colors, and I like the B&W conversion leaving the flowers in color.Now comes the C&C. The background is distracting, there's a horizontal wall right behind her, a wall or even other solid color would have worked better, less distraction. And, I, personally, would like to see the entire dress. The pic is too cropped for me, I would prefer to have seen the entire dress, maybe from a higher angle, looking down on the bride.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 5:30 PM   #4

I think the photo is very sharp and I always love the B&W conversion with selective coloring being used.

My two cents....I agree the background is a bit distracting...something more solid would have worked better. I personally would like to have seen the bride more posed to the side with more of the "train" of the dress showing...or has previously mentioned, maybe take the picture looking down and the bride looking up.

Overall, great job.:|
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:13 PM   #5

Thank you! I was up on a stool shooting down. What I was running into is a very very small church with very little room to manuver and no flat wall.

I tried to get rid of the speakers that were behind the bride as you can see in the first shoot.

I appreciate the CC and definately agree with it. Thank you!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:40 PM   #6

Ithink people shouldn't mess with wedding photos. I consider them to be a very personal type of photojournalism. It's all about what two people are doing for each other, not what you're doing for them. Capture the moment and keep the post processing to a minimum.

But that's just me.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:50 AM   #7

Hi,

I personally don't like selective colouring. The point of it is to lead the viewer of the photograph to the highlight (an example where it can be used nicely is selectively colouring the eyes of a face shot at close up). To be honest what is the focus of this picture - it should be the beautiful blushing bride on her wedding day - not a bunch of flowers! Also the mono conversion doesnt really do enough for me - need a lot more contrast.

So onto the colour shot. I agree with what most have said already. You really do need to be careful of your background.Unless the outside scenery is awful a nice blurred green from some trees or bushes would have been nice here.

Maybe you should have shot from even higher than you were, asking the talent to raise her head slightly more. It will offer a much more flattering pose and will also cut out some of the shadows across her face. I dont mind so much that you dont have all of the dress in the shot but i do not like the area at the bottom right of the frame where there is a triangle of carpet showing though.

Hope you dont take offence!

DJ

DJ-Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:12 AM   #8

hi,

This is an another version...
Attached Images

mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:00 AM   #9

Oh I like what you did......

Did you do the soft focus on the back on a seperate layer? Instructions please!

BTW, the bride wanted the flowers to be the focus. She specifically asked for thisphoto with the flowers the focus!

Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:19 AM   #10

Hi Sneezy,

I like your photograph. What was bothering me was the backgound 2 wood penal cutting across the bride head.B/W photo is good but Flower colouring is not matching.So Sepia tone may complement it(That is what I feel)

So come to the point,How I have done it:-

1) Duplicate the image Say it is - "A" (original image)andduplicate Image is - "B".

2) Desaturate (Ctrl+shit+U)the image "B" - Hue & saturation(Ctrl + U) - Click on Colorize - move the Hue slider till you get the sepia tone

3) Go to Layer - duplicate the layer - destination "A"

4) now open "A" image. your "B" image will be on top of "A"

5) Click on History palatte - click oncreate new snapshot( looks like a camera)

6)Take history brush and paint over the flower to get the colour back

7)Merge the layers(Ctrl + E)

8) Selet the Pen tool - mark the back ground- convert it to seletion on Path Palatte give some feather pixel say 3 or 4 (High resl. needs more)

9) Bur it using the Gaussian blur - then use motion blur using some angulation

This is it

mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote