Old Feb 19, 2007, 5:03 PM   #1

ASBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2007, 5:13 PM   #2

Excellent!

Sorry I don't have anything more useful to say... :blah:
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 5:15 PM   #3

Nice sharp picture,but the timing is off, I would have tried to get the duck into a full frameon a different angle, but that's not always an option when you shoot wildlife other than the other duckcrop the image and it's a keeper.

Glen Lastiwka
GlenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:54 AM   #4

GlenL wrote:
Quote:
Nice sharp picture,but the timing is off, I would have tried to get the duck into a full frameon a different angle, but that's not always an option when you shoot wildlife other than the other duckcrop the image and it's a keeper.

Glen Lastiwka
Well I wanted it straight from the side like this, and if I would have included the full bird, and also leaving space in front of her, the frame would have got so big I probably couldn't have kept the background so nicely out of focus.
I think the framing is a bit different and cool as it is now, but who am I to know

Thanks you guys
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Nice sharp picture, but the timing is off, I would have tried to get the duck into a full frame on a different angle, but that's not always an option when you shoot wildlife other than the other duck crop the image and it's a keeper.

I actually like the framing - it's not a typical angle, and the other duck in the background makes the shot really work - at least for me.

ASBR, you got so low for this!
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:29 AM   #6

flippedgazelle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nice sharp picture, but the timing is off, I would have tried to get the duck into a full frame on a different angle, but that's not always an option when you shoot wildlife other than the other duck crop the image and it's a keeper.

I actually like the framing - it's not a typical angle, and the other duck in the background makes the shot really work - at least for me.

ASBR, you got so low for this!
Thanks
But what do you mean I "got so low"?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:55 PM   #7

Ithink the composition is excellent. I love low angle of the shot. You've captured a real Mona Lisa smile on the duck that you can't realy get from a higher angle. She looks as though she knows something we don't and that's suported by the distant duck out of focus and invites us to look deeper into the scene. Not to mention, great color all around, in focus and out.

Gene
Dad371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:09 AM   #8

Dad371 wrote:
Quote:
Ithink the composition is excellent. I love low angle of the shot. You've captured a real Mona Lisa smile on the duck that you can't realy get from a higher angle. She looks as though she knows something we don't and that's suported by the distant duck out of focus and invites us to look deeper into the scene. Not to mention, great color all around, in focus and out.

Gene
Thanks a lot
Maybe thats what "flippedgazelle" meant by "ASBR, you got so low for this!", that it was taken at a low angle.
Didn't think much of that since I didn't exactly have to crawl on the ice thanks to the swivel display
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:17 AM   #9

THE OTHER BIRD IS KINDA DISTRACTING...BETTER IF IT WAS FARTHER APART
MINOLTANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:01 AM   #10

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

ASBR

Beskärningen, oh sorry, the cropping is excellent (and thereby of course the composition)

Just for fun I flipped it

Torgny
Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote