Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:53 AM   #11

This is a once in a lifetime shot. Always nice to have your gear with youto take an unexpected shot like this one.

Simply wonderful and it would have been over the top if it were a Unicorn. Kind of has that feel to it by the way.

A portrait crop perhaps so the horse is not so centralized. It is good the way it is don't get me wrong but I would try different crops to see if there is any more impact to the photo than there already is.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:10 AM   #12

Hard to believe that this wasn't a set-up shot taken on a movie set somewhere! It has such great lighting and the composition is wonderful. Truly a magical shot.

Greg
gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:26 PM   #13

Thank you so much everyone. I am humbled by all the the nice comments.
Greg, I had the same thought when I first viewed this result.
Tom, I hear ya, I have been trying all kinds of different crops to see what happens to the synergy in this photo. Problem is, they all look good to me. :roll: I guess that's a good thing.

All the best to everyone,

Steve

smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:59 PM   #14

That is something else, it looks very unreal. I wish it could have been taken at a smaller aperture to make it look even more like a painting, but then the horse probably would have blurred and the shot would have been ruined.

If you hadn't posted the original I wouldn't have believed that this image wasn't heavily Photoshopped, and even then it would have been an impressive feat. I wouldn't tell people you shot this from across a motel though, say that you fell asleep next to your camera and dreamt of an enchanted meadow, and when you woke up this was on your memory card.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 6:28 PM   #15

Thank you Corpsy.
Say, I like your version of how the picture might have happened better than the truth. At least in your version I have a more active part in creating the shot, not just pushing a button:lol:. Thanks, I think I'll use that from now on.
Cheers,
Steve
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:59 PM   #16

You already know how much I like this one Steve Please let us know how the canvas wrap turns out, very curious of your thought on the quality ect. I also think this is one saleable image if you know how to go about that, I don't. Maybe a PM to squirl would help.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:06 PM   #17

Hey thanks buddy, I will let you know how the wrap comes out. I was having a similar thought about trying to sell some copies of this photo. I have sold some of my wildlife and landscape photos locally but, only to folks who already know me and only on a very limited basis. I may have to just schlep a few copies from door to door at a few local galleries. Who knows, It's just an ego boost having all the positive feedback.
Take care,
Steve
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:08 PM   #18

A photographer's hole in one
drewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:28 PM   #19

drewaz wrote:
Quote:
A photographer's hole in one
What a nice thing to say. Thank you.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 6:49 AM   #20

I can't add anything original other than my agreement with the others before me that you captured a wonderful scene. Best of luck with print sales. I would imagine you would have true success.
Steve
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote