Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

View Poll Results: Which of the 2 shots work better
Shot 1 with fence in foreground 3 37.50%
Shot 2 with funny rock things in foreground 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:32 PM   #11

Oh that place looks so beautiful. Honesty I like both Ken, The first one with the fence right in the corner I like , but the other one with the rocks right in the middle there is great too! Hard decision
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:26 AM   #12

Geminichild wrote:
Quote:
Oh that place looks so beautiful. Honesty I like both Ken, The first one with the fence right in the corner I like , but the other one with the rocks right in the middle there is great too! Hard decision
thanks

Yes, indeed nZ is beautiful. The south island is where all the breath taking scenery hides out but the north island also has some beautiful spots

thansk for comments

Ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:57 AM   #13

nice pictures there ken!

i think someone has already mentioned but the only thing it's lacking is a good sky. try to go back there again and shoot again and i'd think it'll really be an outstanding shot!
clemong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:26 AM   #14

clemong888 wrote:
Quote:
nice pictures there ken!

i think someone has already mentioned but the only thing it's lacking is a good sky. try to go back there again and shoot again and i'd think it'll really be an outstanding shot!
thanks

unfortunately here in nz we are moving into winter and clear skies might be a little hard to come by. nz is the land of the long white cloud and it always seems to be coudy around here. hhaha

thanks

ken
Old Apr 30, 2007, 5:41 PM   #15

Different tastes, none right or wrong, but I prefer the first one. The fence on the lower right points to the hill. On the second, the fence just bisects the pic - rocks in the foreground not connected with the hill in the background - harder to say what thepoint of interest is - the hill or the rocks.

Kevin
klfatcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:47 PM   #16

I'm biased towards the first one myself. And I can't wait to get my hands on Lightroom, it looks sooo hot.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 1:21 AM   #17

klfatcj wrote:
Quote:
Different tastes, none right or wrong, but I prefer the first one. The fence on the lower right points to the hill. On the second, the fence just bisects the pic - rocks in the foreground not connected with the hill in the background - harder to say what thepoint of interest is - the hill or the rocks.

Kevin
thanks mate

ken
Old May 1, 2007, 1:23 AM   #18

Gerafix wrote:
Quote:
I'm biased towards the first one myself. And I can't wait to get my hands on Lightroom, it looks sooo hot.
cheers

Yea, lightrom is the best raw converter i have used. Its also very easy on the computer resources which i was very suprised. As you mention its a very good looking programme so somebody knows what they are doing. Im very impressed how it handles my 10-15Mb raw files without really breaking a sweat.

Very impressed.

Combined with Ps its a nice combo.

ken