Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   Photo Critiques (
-   -   Church in the Smokies (

Mugmar May 10, 2007 5:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was taken on a very overcast day a couple of weeks ago. Please let me know what you think

matthew2000tx May 10, 2007 6:18 PM

Nice. It looks like the back of the church. I think it would be neat to see the front?

novice_photographer May 10, 2007 6:49 PM

Very nice Mugmar. I love the little churches tucked in the mountains.

Was that the back or was it the front?

Mugmar May 10, 2007 6:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Matthew and NP This is the back of the church. I like the cemetery in the foreground.

Here is the front view. The sky was not nice for these shots:mad:

mcliu May 10, 2007 9:44 PM

Well mugmar, Iliked the 2nd image.1st with cementry in front gives me a queer feelling( actually I react to image emotionally).Though it a nice picture.

novice_photographer May 11, 2007 3:07 PM

Mugmar, Do you mind if I play around with the first photo? I got this crazy idea. :?

Mugmar May 12, 2007 11:26 AM

NP, Go for it, Just let me see what you did!!!

condorman Jan 18, 2011 4:12 AM

Hi Scott,
Love the shot, we don't get any building like that here.
I have tried to respond to your message but it says Pm's blocked so ill post it here if you don't mind. I hope this is what you wanted to know. Mark

Hi Scott,
Thank you for your kind words.
I,m a bit rubbish with the computer but I had the same problem you mention, got there in the end. heres how to.

1 on Steves, open your new topic, After your description type a 1 on the next line.

2 open a new window on your web browser for your flickr photostream page.

3 Click on the small image you want to link, once. A bigger Image opens up. ( if its the large image with the black frame you have gone 1 click too far)

4 Just above the image youll see " Share this" Click on the arow next to this and a drop down menu appears.

5 Click on " Grab the html bb code"

6 Click on bb code, then set the sise, i use medium 640 as I find the large dominates my screen.

7 Now left click your mouse in the box above that has the text starting with "[url=" This will highlight all the text.
Now right click your mouse on the highlighted text and click copy.

8 Now go back to Steves page and right click paste.
and carry on doing that with as many pics as you like. Try the preview on Steves first to make sure it's working.

This is the way I do it there may well be something easier but I don't know of it. It gets fast after a while.
Thanks Scott, hope this helps.

rlewis0083 Jan 18, 2011 6:35 PM

Is that in the Cataloochee Valley?

Mugmar Jan 18, 2011 7:55 PM

Thanks Mark for the info, I'll give it a try

This church is actually in Cades Cove. It's called Missionary Baptist Church