Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:59 PM   #11

bill43210 wrote:
Quote:
this is furthr down stream with not so many logs, it was quite shaded for both of my shots.
Unless your shooting purple tree leaves, both of the shot's show excessive chromatic aberrations........
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:24 AM   #12

Quote:
I'm glad you posted that stream shot--no doubt it's a beautiful overall shot of an area and the eye can study the photo and enjoy, but is there something lacking--perhaps a single particular focal point? I hope we'll get more opinions. It's scenes like this we need the elk to walk out of the wood beside the stream or large bird to dip down and take a drink. Your shot has one of my favorite things to see in it--the dappled variable light on trees in the background and it continues onto the rock formation and water surface.
Exactly. It's a nice, if somewhat uninspiring shot, but totally devoid of what you are calling the "singular focal point".

There probably is a way to take a photo of this spot that amkes a decent picture, but that's called "Composition" from what I hear, and I think I've only bumped into him once or twice in my whole life.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:37 PM   #13

Another shot this morning from that same little spot of run-off water that keeps changing. This scroll of bark is unfurling from the tree which has fallen across the stream. I can't decide whether it is a picture or not--opinions welcome.

Editicture won't upload;will try again later
Attached Images

JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 12:59 AM   #14

I think the second shot is much improved merely by cropping, to concentrate on the reflections, which I notice is what you entitled the shot. With apologies....
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 5:03 AM   #15

I think Alans crop looks good and as he says consentrate more on the reflections which are delicate and teasing.

Kalypso,yes it is, i was using (learning to use) the fuji f20, f-chrome setting when i took those photos to see what it did to the pictures, other than that i dont think it was boosted. heres another from the same set.
Attached Images

bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:51 AM   #16

Thanks, Alan T, and I agree it helps; those distracting dead branches shouldn't have been there.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote