Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:44 PM   #1

Somebody took this pict and what do you think?
Background: 2006 showing young Lebanese driving down a street in Haret Hreik, a bombed neighborhood in southern Beirut, Lebanon, on August 15.

Daniel
Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:02 PM   #2

I like this shot because it seams everyone is looking away from the destruction or there is something else in the other direction that makes whats behind them irrelevant, either way there is alot going here and I like that.
Wintershooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:09 PM   #3

I like the contrast between foreground and background. Pretty people in a shiny convertible in front of devastation. It looks like they are sight seeing. The is the kind of "Classic" news photo that think looks best in B&W especially if it was be printed on newsprint.

There are a few things that could be better. A slightly deferent angle, the guy walking in the background is in a bad place etc. But then that's photojournalism the world doesn't stop and pose for the photographer.

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:55 AM   #4

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
*I like the contrast between foreground and background. Pretty people in a shiny convertible in front of devastation. It looks like they are sight seeing. The is the kind of "Classic" news photo that think looks best in B&W especially if it was be printed on newsprint.

There are a few things that could be better. A slightly deferent angle, the guy walking in the background is in a bad place etc. But then that's photojournalism the world doesn't stop and pose for the photographer.
It is actually a World Press Photo of the year. And a great one . At first I thought people may write something like it is distracting and or requiring tighter cropping. I did not hear that. So that tell us about the high standard of CC in here.

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/index...bandwidth=high
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote