Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:10 PM   #1

Sorry didnt know how to attach multiple pictures in one thread so starting 2 more threads to attach my pictures pls do comment on them.

Cheers,

Balmans
Attached Images

balmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:22 PM   #2
Super Moderator

balmans wrote:
Quote:
Sorry didnt know how to attach multiple pictures in one thread so starting 2 more threads to attach my pictures pls do comment on them.

Cheers,

Balmans
Actually without knowing it you have done exactly the right thing as in the Critiques and Techniques section the rule is to only post one shot per thread.... it's just that people recently have not been doing this which is not helping quality critique, probablybecause the rules post that used to be fixed at the top of the section is missing due to a tech problem............ anyway I will post in each of the 3 you have asked for critique on.

Firstly you have a nice straight horizon which is so important and many people miss and the contrast of the blue sea and the yellow land is good. You have the basic components of a landscape shot here with foreground, middle anddistant,and it's a nice scene, however there is not a subject that grabs me, it's hard to know if we are looking at the land closest to us or the land in the distance.

I would consider boosting saturation selectively and increase the contrastto give some pop.

Hope that helps.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:36 PM   #3

Many amateurs forget about fixing the horizon. It's nice to see a pic that is levelled properly.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote