Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:22 PM   #11

Bynx, I've been wanting to do a shot like this for as long as I can remember, but never got around to doing it. Nicely done. I like the one with the stream the best.

But why don't you get the 'feats of strength' Seinfeld reference?!? You started it!
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:35 PM   #12

Bynx, you could have provoked even more views if you'd mentioned 'young & verdant' and 'ice-cold blue' in the description.

Brilliant work. Keep them safe until 'seasonal colours' comes round again. It would be nice to hear more eventually on how you did it.

I fear you may underestimate your personal following around these forums.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:54 PM   #13

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. 2 people who arent just peeping toms. The rest of you get a piece of coal for Festivus.
TCav volunteers for the feats if strength!!!
You lost me on this. What does it mean?
What I was talking about was an old Seinfeld episode. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:17 PM   #14

Of course Tcav I should have known. But all I could remember is the expression Festivus for the Restovus. So I guess you are elected to perform your Feats of Strength with Kalypso. Winner gets to take me to lunch. :blah:

Alan creating these two pics was really easy. Be glad to tell you if you want to know.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 2:01 AM   #15

Ye shall not quote anything in reference to something of limited knowledge.....

TCav
also has a tall aluminum pole too. Its' got high tensile strength to length, not that that matters......
Attached Images

Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:36 AM   #16

Ah Kalypso, I used to have unlimited knowledge. But with all the pills I take now for my blood pressure and cholesterol Im down to 5 brain cells. I have the first 8 seasons of Seinfeld on dvd which I am going to review. Whenever you celebrate it, HAPPY FESTIVUS.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:30 AM   #17

The first image, while impressive in getting the four images aligned, just doesn't work for me. The power of the other two is in the first-blush sense that they are each a single image, and that is lost by putting four images together -- the four boxes break the spell immediately.

The second one is just about ideal. The third would be better to my mind if the sky were more aggresssively blended at the join.

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:36 AM   #18

You are so right tclune. After I did the first one with the four elements I rushed it to post. Then I thought a couple minutes longer to come up with the seamless blend of the other two pics. Your observations are right on. Thanks. Here is my favorite shot as a watercolor.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 2:16 PM   #19

Bynx, I don't usually visit this site (I'm more into the wildlife site, as you know) but when I asw your name as the poster I was compelled to look. Your shots #2 and 3 are well done and creative. You outdid yourself with the watercolour version. Cheers, Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:14 PM   #20

I think #3 is my favorite, but I also like #2. How do you blend the two pictures together? I'm guessing you're using some kind of gradient? Very cool idea!
mattroth54 is offline   Reply With Quote