Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:26 PM   #21

Thanks Dan for your kind comments. This forum has lots of exciting threads. Its nice to see you get out for a bit.
Matt the pics are just 2 put together in Photoshop. It only takes a few minutes. Thanks for looking.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:34 PM   #22

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Here is my favorite shot as a watercolor.
I have found these merged seasonal blends of yours fascinating, and enormously imaginative & creative, but just a little unsettling. This watercolour version takes the idea thoroughly into the realm of art andfurther from technical quasi-realistic photography, and is an absolutely brilliant creation.

The way you got there strikes me as much more representative of the seasons than an artist sitting at an easel and putting the paint just where he wants. Yours is a close representation of the way it really was, with the essence of the two seasons photographically distilled.

Hope that makes sense!

Congratulations,
Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:38 PM   #23

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Dan for your kind comments. This forum has lots of exciting threads. Its nice to see you get out for a bit.
Matt the pics are just 2 put together in Photoshop. It only takes a few minutes. Thanks for looking.
I'm a photoshop newbie...how did you do that in PS? Thanks!
mattroth54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:53 PM   #24

Thanks Alan. I think I understand what you meant. But why do you find it unsettling? I have a big dilemma over doing anything with photos. Especially as far as I go. Its all so easy I feel guilty about stepping on the toes of true artists with their brushes and palettes.

Matt I just took the summer scene and photographed the winter scene from the same place which was easy enough. Then I placed the winter scene over the summer scene as layer 2. I used the eraser with a 50% hardness and erased out the half I didnt want and feathered the join in the middle.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:02 AM   #25

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
... You outdid yourself with the watercolour version. ...
I agree!

Upon reflection, I think #3 would be more interesting (though more work, no doubt) if one side of the stream were Winter and the other side were Summer.

Speaking of reflections, in #4, how did you get the one in the iMac screen?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:12 PM   #26

Tcav I tried to make one side of the creek summer and one side winter. Unfortunately the way the creek winds to the left means the right side and the part that curves around would all be summer. That just leaves the small bit of left hand bank as winter. I can give it a try and see how it turns out. What I posted was just quick and dirty. Sorry.
Not sure what you mean by reflection of #4 in the imac screen.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:59 PM   #27

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by reflection of #4 in the imac screen.
What happened to 'Finger.jpg'?

It was there earlier today!

It showed an open hand in front of the screen of an Apple iMac. The relfection in the screen should have shown the back of the same hand, but it showed the same open hand in a slightly different position.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:05 PM   #28

I guess our illustrious moderator finally discovered the picture. That was my hand all right shot in front of the monitor which showed the hand of Alan T showing us his injury. It was his hand injury which prompted my perverted sense of humor. The missing picture can still be seen in the Bi Weekly thread somewhere as I was comparing my injured? finger with Alan Ts. Mine has since mysteriously? healed 100%.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:16 AM   #29

Bynx,

Great photo blends, congratulations on doing so well for the "quick Photoshop edits / blends!"

Skillfully thought out and executed.

I particularly like photo 3, actually!

Not sure I'll comment on the rest of this thread, but you DO keep us entertained!! Cheers! :G

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:17 AM   #30

Bynx, these pictures are great! My favourites are #2, and 3.
BTW I've never seen such pictures before and now I'm asking myself question why I didn't do such photo editing myself
Regarding 1st photo I think it doesn't work well because trees aren't stitched perfectly and maybe balance of colors should be altered to make color tones more consistent over whole image.
Thanks for posting them!
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote