Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 22, 2007, 3:10 AM   #1

Hello Everyone!

Firstly, before I forget - wishing you all a blessed and safe Christmas time and many good things for 2008.

Here is a photo I took last month of a rusted barbed wire fence (obviously) with an the colours of a farmer's autumn field providing the (blurred) background.

I'm not usually one to do such type of photos... but am interested what do you think?

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:00 AM   #2

Im sure we all know what barb wire is. We have encountered it at one time or other and somehow got through it one way or the other. However, its nice to have a good close look at its construction. Thats a nice clear informative shot jp. Also shows a bit of history since its obviously been out in the elements for quite some time.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:06 AM   #3

It's a great shot especially if you are shooting an advertisement for anti-tetanus vaccine. But seriously, I love old rusty things and one of the advantages to digital photography is the ability to experiment with different subjects at different camera settings and not having to worry about "wasting" film. Keep taking these kinds of photos.
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 3:20 PM   #4

Hi Bynx,

Thanks for your reply with thoughtful comments.

Yes, I believe it is interesting to look at "common" things we might encounter (or get tangled with) at a closer level.

This fence is right near the sea / beach, I guess that's why it is so rusted (salt spray / sea air!)

Cheers,

Paul
Old Dec 22, 2007, 3:22 PM   #5

Hello Beecee,

I never thought about such a photo being useful for a tetanus program! Good thinking.

You're totally right, having a digital camera has so many advantages that we don't waste film (plus time and money) trying to get the shot "right"! I could only seriously afford to learn photography this way went I moved to digital back in 2001.

Regards

Paul
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:06 PM   #6

Ah, there might have beentimes we just enjoyed gazing through the barbed wires contemplatively : )

Surely, seeingthe pieces ofharmony or beauty in simplicity is a great virtue, my friend! The contrast of the reddish subjectagainstthegreen bokeh adds to your tasteful composition
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 7:37 AM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Ah, there might have beentimes we just enjoyed gazing through the barbed wires contemplatively : )

Surely, seeingthe pieces ofharmony or beauty in simplicity is a great virtue, my friend! The contrast of the reddish subjectagainstthegreen bokeh adds to your tasteful composition
Thanks Bahadir, for your words and contemplation on this photo! :-)

Indeed, as the grass often appears greener on the other side, we've all had our share of overcoming the barbed wires of life, or otherwise ignoring the warnings present, and only discovered later.

Thankfully, through such life experiences (and indeed through history, dear Historical friend!) we can learn and develop so that we realise that there is plenty of greenness on our side of the fence, as well as clover, flowers and more!

Glad you enjoyed the simple harmony as well as simultaneous contrast presented in this photo!!

Paul