Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:33 PM   #1

Hye,

Took this shots in my aunts garden as I was walking around at night. Thought of trying something different (for me that is).

Hope you like the pictures. Only 2 for the time being. Will add more as I attempt this style at a different location.

C&C very appreciated and very welcome.

Method:

Taken in the dark of night. Camera mounted on tripod using self timer. Light source only from a small flashlight. (settings pls view exif)

Equipment used:

EOS 400D / Rebel XTi

Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro

El Cheapo tripod

Post-Processing : Lightroom and CS2 (Brightness / Contrast, Sharpening, cropping, resizing)

nightSeries001
Attached Images

hazmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:38 PM   #2

nightSeries002
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2007, 9:00 PM   #3

Well done, Hazmy! First picture is very impressive! The only thing I may suggest is trying to flip it horizontally(not sure why but my mind is simply asking for this, I assume that a lot of people would prefer it the way it's now). Check example.

Second picture is missing colors and composition of the first attempt which was very good one. Also it seems to be a little overexposed, and object is almost in dead center which in this case make it look dull IMHO.
For me second one doesn't work but first one is great. BTW what's the name of this color as gardening is my hobby but I can't identify it, my girlfriend probably knows the name but she's sleeping already.

Attached Images

sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:35 AM   #4

sensovision wrote:
Quote:
Well done, Hazmy! First picture is very impressive! The only thing I may suggest is trying to flip it horizontally(not sure why but my mind is simply asking for this, I assume that a lot of people would prefer it the way it's now). Check example.

Second picture is missing colors and composition of the first attempt which was very good one. Also it seems to be a little overexposed, and object is almost in dead center which in this case make it look dull IMHO.
For me second one doesn't work but first one is great. BTW what's the name of this color as gardening is my hobby but I can't identify it, my girlfriend probably knows the name but she's sleeping already.
Thanks for you comments and opinions. Yea the 2nd pic is abit overexposed i think.. but the colours are (you may not believe it) actually as the actual flower it self. A light pinkish flower. I have to admit though the composition is out (due to the cropping i think).

As for the name of the flower/plant.. I honestly do not know...just a plant I saw in my aunts garden so since there was a photo op I took it..hehehe..

thanks again..
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:17 AM   #5

Any other opinons or suggestions?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:48 AM   #6

Nice work, everything came out very well.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:13 AM   #7

thanks very much.. calicajun