Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:00 AM   #1

So, I was able to photograph 15 awesome ladies for a swimsuit calendar to benefit the American Cancer Society. I had fun with the shoots but also some difficulties. One of the shots we were originally outside, but then had to go indoors with the vapor lights (at the national guard). That, to be honest, was quite the feat.

So, I won't post all of them here, but you are more than welcome to head over to my website (not a promotion for my website) to view them all in 4x6 format.

Please let me know what you thinik. I did have to photoshop some of the girls to try to help with acne, etc. I'm always looking for tips, techniques, help, support, etc etc etc... This was my first Model shoot and was quite nervous most of the time.

Thanks!

Steve-o
wrestlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:13 PM   #2

What a cruel joke... promising us calendar girls and giving us a broken gallery!

Yeah, something's wrong. Under Firefox 2.0.0.11 with the latest Flash Player, it's a no-go. Same for IE6.
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 2:01 PM   #3

Looks like you had a lot of fun doing that photo shoot..
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:14 PM   #4

I waited a little before chiming in, and no one's mentioned what was on my mind, so I'll mention it. Does anyone else find it odd that a calendar photo shoot for the American Cancer Society would include women holding weapons.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Past that little oddity, some of the pictures are very nice - nice skin tones, good even lighting. Some shots are a little too cropped, though, I would include more of the surroundings.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:15 AM   #5

hey wrestlinboy, site content advisor also lists your website as red

jaykobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:28 AM   #6

content advisor lists it as red? please explain.

Also, the American Cancer Society did not really 'sanction' the calendar, but all the proceeds of the sales go to the ACS. They don't put their 'seal of approval' on it. As far as the guys... 2 of the girlswere shot with the National Guard Unit here as a welcome home/thank you for serving. The other is during November, which is a very large hunting month in WI and MN.

Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:19 AM   #7

websites listed as red means it has downloads or links to other sites which either have trojans, viruses, spywares or spam
jaykobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:08 PM   #8

hmmm... interesting. I have been to my own website and haven't received any of that with my 3 protection devices I have on my computer. Wonder why that is. I do know all the links on my page I placed on there are my own. There are advertisements that are on the site as pop ups, but you can avoid those by having a pop up blocker on.

I will search more into it. thanks for the tip though.

Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:55 PM   #9

Good job, Steve! The first one at the top,on the left hand side, especially, is a great swimsuit top, indeed:-)( I'm with HughesInNc aboutcropping, btw). The model seem to bea natural talentto be able to help the most nervous first time model photographer!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:24 PM   #10

I can't get in either. Can see the cover if I maneuver there outside of the link provided. Also got a 'questionable' pop-up with the homepage. Cover looked good though.
lostgirl is offline   Reply With Quote