Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:11 AM   #11

Neil Wharton wrote:
Quote:
I've had a mess about I hope you don't mind but all I've done is boosted the saturation and added a unsharp mask.

Neil......

No problems... thats what the C&C is for.. a learning curve..

Yup, it look so much better than my original.. maybe a tad noisier though.. good job..

thnaks for the idea..
hazmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:49 PM   #12

2 and 3 are great, the sky in 3 is a very very nice blue.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:48 PM   #13

Gerafix wrote:
Quote:
2 and 3 are great, the sky in 3 is a very very nice blue.
Yeah.. No 2 is nice. Considering it was shot using a mid range point and shot camera only using the digital Macro feature. One of my better shots using this camera.

The blue sky in No 3 was actually a very lucky shot. Was in front of my porch when I saw the clouds move to reveal the blue sky (very seldom in my parts). Went in, grabbed the camera with the other gear and started looking for subjects to shoot.

15 mins after I took this shot, the sky turned grey and it started to rain. Imagine that is such a short time.

BTW thanks for your comments.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:47 AM   #14

I like them both, but I see some purple fringing in #1. It's especially apparent in Neil's PP. If you're not using a UV filter, you might try one. It will cut out some of that.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:51 AM   #15

TCav wrote:
Quote:
I like them both, but I see some purple fringing in #1. It's especially apparent in Neil's PP. If you're not using a UV filter, you might try one. It will cut out some of that.
Thanks tCav..

I would if I could but #1 was shot using a P&S so can't put a filter on that.

Actually there was another pic but I had to remove it in order to qualify to enter it into a contest (one of the rules is that the pics can't be currently on any forum or posted anywhere.) Just trying my luck on that so... you guys know what i mean.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:47 PM   #16

hazmy wrote:
Quote:
... Actually there was another pic but I had to remove it in order to qualify to enter it into a contest (one of the rules is that the pics can't be currently on any forum or posted anywhere.) ...
That sounds like an odd requirement. I don't know how common that is, but I would be concerned about the potential that someone might violate my copyright by simply copying a photo I took and claiming it as their own. If I hadn't posted it elsewhere prior to entering it in the contest, I might have a tough time proving that it was mine.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this situation?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:08 PM   #17

TCav wrote:
Quote:
hazmy wrote:
That sounds like an odd requirement. I don't know how common that is, but I would be concerned about the potential that someone might violate my copyright by simply copying a photo I took and claiming it as their own. If I hadn't posted it elsewhere prior to entering it in the contest, I might have a tough time proving that it was mine.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this situation?
Yups, It's odd to me too.. but maybe it's their way of ensuring no copies are made from the posted images by violaters.. Who knows what the organizers are thinking. but anyway.. I just adhered to the rules. Will post it up as soon as the contest has finished.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:09 PM   #18

Exif information will show the necessary information of who had taken the picture and when and also what setting the camera was in when the shot taken. Having the original file rather than the unprocessed, resized file is one way, but not a definite way. One should do PP with a copy of the orginal anyway. It would be prudent also to have the file posted with watermark to protect from copying and selling off as one's work when it is indeed your own.

One step further would be to name the file in the exif as your own copyrighted property. This can be done with my D200 but I am aware not all cameras or systems have this feature.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote