Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:53 AM   #1

shot on a Canon EOS ID-MKII
Attached Images

J Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2008, 5:21 PM   #2

That's surely a lovely image! I liked the diagonals provided by the wings of the windmill as well as the rich foreground complementingnoticeably both colourwise and materialwise the baked brickbody of the edifice

Still, I found the spire at the background somewhat distracting and therefore better be clonned out. Here's a rough job for comparison which could be improved dedicatinga bit moretime!

PS. Iretained some remains of the spire on purpose:-)

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:05 AM   #3

Richard,

very nice shot.. like the surrounding. so peaceful. but as bahadir said, that spire is abit distracting but not really much to me.. but the picture is sharp and the colour is perfect.. to me on my monitor.

bahadir..

nice work on the cloning.. but i think it'll look better if you had removed all of it.. hehehe...
hazmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:23 AM   #4

hazmy wrote:
Quote:
bahadir..

nice work on the cloning.. but i think it'll look better if you had removed all of it.. hehehe...
Iwanted to seehowalittle Salvador Dali lookgo withit :G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:46 AM   #5

Yes i agree the steeple should of been taken out but it was a record of the restorstion done on the Mill and the Church had some work done on it as well .

I'll do a copy of the church cloned out for myself.

You can see the complete restoration all £300.000 of it at the following link

http://www.pbase.com/photoby/winmill...n&page=all

I like this forum every one seems friendly .:-D

I'm a newbie here i use to post over at dpriew.com butpeople just have ego's tosatify, setting them selves up as some kind of authority on a topic and whenyou pointed out to themthier incorrect and if they read the post correctly beforecommenting it wouldn't sobad but they get upset and report you the the webmaster who in turn ban you for abuse . So petty and childist.

Thisfeels like a nice community of like minded and helpfull people.

All the best and thanks for you imput .

Jonathan.

Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:50 AM   #6

Quote:

I'm a newbie here i use to post over at dpriew.com butpeople just have ego's tosatify, setting them selves up as some kind of authority on a topic and whenyou pointed out to themthier incorrect and if they read the post correctly beforecommenting it wouldn't sobad but they get upset and report you the the webmaster who in turn ban you for abuse . So petty and childist.

Jonathan.

yeah.. i've experienced this type of thing before with another forum. Lots of photogs don't believe in helping newbies but thing that they are so called"experts" of everything...

They will talk and talk as if they are the best but without any examples or explainations.

It is different here at steves, example what bahadir did... he did one example and showed / explained to you... lots of ppl do that here.. teaching others by example...
hazmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 4:35 PM   #7

hazmy wrote:
Quote:

Jonathan.

Quote:

yeah.. i've experienced this type of thing before with another forum. Lots of photogs don't believe in helping newbies but thing that they are so called"experts" of everything...

They will talk and talk as if they are the best but without any examples or explainations.

It is different here at steves, example what bahadir did... he did one example and showed / explained to you... lots of ppl do that here.. teaching others by example...
Quote:
Thanks to those who have answered to my post here and thanks for your help and making me feel welome.
Quote:
All the best Jonathan.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 7:28 PM   #8

Nice shot, not sure if I would have taken the tower out or not. As that would depend on what the picture was going to be displayed. I do know that if it was me, I would have been over at that tower right after I finished shooting the Wind Mill.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote