Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:38 PM   #11

Its now 10:37 EST. Im just outside Toronto Canada.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:41 AM   #12

All cool photos!, i'm going to have to start experimenting I suppose!.
I use the intensive rescue stuff now, i'm in my home in Newfoundland now, Canadian winters, eh?
haha
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:07 AM   #13

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
I like your colorful creative light as well as the background effect with your swirls of light. Id just like to see the light distributed better as well as better focus. In the second picture for example, the type on the left bottle is in reasonable focus while the focus drops off as we move to the right. I will give it a shot in a few minutes and post a pic here what I mean. I hope you dont mind.

Ok I set this up. I only had 2 matching bottles but you should get the idea. Its illuminated by a lightbulb from behind as well I used the built-in flash for the front. The stripes of light from behind were from the cooling slots in the bulb holder. They looked ok so I built my exposure around those. Whats your thoughts?
very nice... i get what you mean on the focus part.. a smaller aperture would certainly help with the sharpness. Especially like the backgroung light stripe effect. good idea there... must try something like that in the future. by the way, what if you did not use the built in flash and instead use a very long exposure? i think it would get a glow effect round the bottles. I could be wrong as the bottle mat not be semi transperent as the bottles i use..

anyway, thanks for the trouble of setting up all these to show me an example. very kind of you. thanks
hazmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:12 AM   #14

Exilmo wrote:
Quote:
All cool photos!, i'm going to have to start experimenting I suppose!.
I use the intensive rescue stuff now, i'm in my home in Newfoundland now, Canadian winters, eh?
haha
Great.. after you have experimented post it up here then we can discuss on it too.. i think it's quite an interesting topic as there is no fix technique to do this.. it's up to the creativity of the photog..

another canadian eh? at least you get another subject to shoot (snow / winter).

I'm Malaysian. Here in Malaysia when it's not blazing hot it torrential rain..heheh... now we're going through a rainy spell here with gloomy skies almost every day.. thats also one reason to bring the photography indoors and try new ideas..
hazmy is offline   Reply With Quote