Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:47 AM   #11

thanks for feedback kenmck15!
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 2:46 PM   #12
Administrator

Another vote for the newer cropped version of it. I might try it cropped slightly tighter so that some of the top edge is removed where the brighter orange is, too (it seems to pull my eyes away from the main subject a bit too much).

But, then again, it looks a bit plainer without it. lol Tough call.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 3:19 PM   #13

thanks, Jim! I've tried cropping like you've adviced and it's changed image conception. But guess this image wasn't good from beginning and I'd better inspect composition right after I've made a photo so if it doesn't look good there would be chance to re-shot it
JimC wrote:
Quote:
Another vote for the newer cropped version of it. I might try it cropped slightly tighter so that some of the top edge is removed where the brighter orange is, too (it seems to pull my eyes away from the main subject a bit too much).

But, then again, it looks a bit plainer without it. lol Tough call.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:47 AM   #14

Hi sensovision

I like your photo- it has quite a powerful & contrasty feel to it (like just before the meeting of fire and ice... for some reason I have a feeling there is an erupting volcano just out of view in the background, and those "red spots" are drops of stray lava!)

I prefer the cropped version. However I must say your larger logo is very distracting for me... and that I would prefer it the same size as the first photo.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:08 AM   #15

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi sensovision

I like your photo- it has quite a powerful & contrasty feel to it (like just before the meeting of fire and ice... for some reason I have a feeling there is an erupting volcano just out of view in the background, and those "red spots" are drops of stray lava!)
Thanks for compliment! Indeed several kilometers from the place in the direction which camera was pointed there are volcano field, but erupting not fire but mud

Quote:
I prefer the cropped version. However I must say your larger logo is very distracting for me... and that I would prefer it the same size as the first photo.
I've insert logo simply because that find all pictures I've published online to end up on various blogs without any credits to me, so I insert it just in case.
Photo which I've submitted to contest didn't have logo, and it didn't get to finals, guess that composition wasn't strong enough.
Old May 23, 2008, 9:04 AM   #16

Hi folks! sorry that I wasn't here for a while, but life was treating our family pretty hard lately especially in May.
But today I've appeared here to thanks once again everyone who provide feedback for my picture and helped to see it from different point of view.
I couldn't believe when got today message from Steve telling that my picture was selected for Photo of the Day: http://www.steves-digicams.com/daily_dpotd.html
Here is permanent link: http://www.steves-digicams.com/potda/05232008.jpg
:|

I never get luck with any contest so submit it not hoping for anything and was very happy to see it was selected.

I don't suppose it would get into finals but seeing it there is already great feeling so I'm going to dig some more photos and submit them to Steve's DPOTD contest

Thanks everyone and to Steve Digicams for brining back my good humour, I really need these positive emotions today!
Old May 23, 2008, 10:27 AM   #17
Administrator

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted in the forums (I've been a bit under the weather today).

Congrats!

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...p;forum_id=100

Old May 23, 2008, 10:34 AM   #18

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in getting this posted in the forums (I've been a bit under the weather today).

Congrats!

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...p;forum_id=100
Thanks Jim!
If say truth I didn't know that image is also posted in forum.
If I may suggest maybe on POTD page should be link to forum board where daily winners announced, this way people who find a photo and would like to leave comments would be able to do so?

Old May 23, 2008, 10:40 AM   #19

Wow Denis! Congratsfor thewell deserved POTD, my friend

Expectingto see you more often from now on : )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 11:04 AM   #20
Administrator

sensovision wrote:
Quote:
If I may suggest maybe on POTD page should be link to forum board where daily winners announced, this way people who find a photo and would like to leave comments would be able to do so?
That wouldn't work correctly with our forums software the way it's setup now, since any posts would change the sort order (the threads would move to the top when someone replied). So, you couldn't easily browse the winners by date (newest at top). It probably wouldn't hurt to post a congrats thread in another forum for winners so that members can comment. Let me give it some thought.