Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:43 PM   #11

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
BIG improvement. The cars have lost their blurry look and came out much sharper. Nice job Bahadir.
Thank you for the your valuable assistanceup tothis point: )Now I'd only miss a less noisy look result, which, I think,could bepossible increasing the number of the bracketed shots ( say to 5 shots) while decreasing the ev compensation ( to 1.3 ev stops or sth)in each shot:roll:

.................................................. .............................................

Musket wrote:

Quote:
Nicely done, just look how the lead car changed it's positon on the road
in the last picture. I also wonder how the software HDR stands up aganst the latest features now on some camera's, multiple exposure and HDR on board...
So glad toread your kind words : )Btw, keen observation indeed!

Judging from some on board HDR exampleson the web, I could say thatmy impressions are amixed bag! Having one of these cameras, D300, I think, Matt (aka Longside1)must havemuch much more to say ; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:49 PM   #12

Less noisy result eh...check your email box in a few minutes.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:42 AM   #13

Very cool work done by all.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:45 AM   #14

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Less noisy result eh...check your email box in a few minutes.
Thank you my friend! You're like a wizard :-)

.................................................. ............

Calicajun wrote:

Quote:
Very cool work done by all.
Happy to read yourwords of appreciation!

Now the HDR is starting to look a more and morepromosing method for me, especiallywherethe dynamic range of theRAWwould not suffice for some opportunities oh!I know well!

Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:57 PM   #15

Hello bahadir, I am still working at HDR, but its getting a little bit better each time, so keep at it, your 3rd image is very good, very close to mine, hope you don't mind me having a go.
Attached Images

alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:04 PM   #16

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Hello bahadir, I am still working at HDR, but its getting a little bit better each time, so keep at it, your 3rd image is very good, very close to mine, hope you don't mind me having a go.
Dear Alex, I've always found your comments very helpful.Yea,it's sth worth keeping at!Meanwhile, I must say I'm quite pleased to seeyourgood effort : )I guess it makesthingsmore difficutwhen you only havethelower resolutioncopies as input!Btw, I wonder if you're also using the Photomatix.

PS. @ all: I'dbe pleasedto know your opinion when you compare it (my final HDR copy above) with the non-HDR version at the Landscape forum:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...d=8&page=1
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:19 PM   #17

Hello bahadir, I use Dynamic photo HDR, I liked the original photo that you took, all thoe a little flat, hope you don't mindme saying that, the HDR one has made a difference to the photo, its made it stand out more, mind I am no expert its just my opinion, what we must remember is that HDR do not work on all photos.

alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 3:06 AM   #18

Dear AlexThank you for letting me know yourvalued opinion regarding the HDR vsone-exposure-shot comparison!I doagree withyour observation and your remark on the use of the HDR for specific scenarios. Oh! My humble and short experience hasproved that it requires specific skill(and perhaps some luck:lol so asto avoid unnatural and uneven grainylooks!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:46 PM   #19

If nothing else, HDR adds a 3 dimentional, more vibrant quality to any picture. This is better than a flat dull photo so while it might not look real, it is more real in feeling than the original. A sense you can walk into the picture and not just look at it. I hope this makes sense.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 1:42 PM   #20

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
.....This is better than a flat dull photo so while it might not look real, it is more real in feeling than the original. A sense you can walk into the picture and not just look at it. I hope this makes sense.
Actually, you've pointed outa decisivedistinction which makes a lot of sense! Thank you for the descriptive feedback : )