Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:37 PM   #1

Just a simple shot, taken the other night, with my Nikon D300. 'Would be interested in knowing what you think of it.

Blessings,
Nathan

Attached Images

NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:05 PM   #2

I like that shot, you really feel as if you're looking up at a tall building.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:49 PM   #3

Thanks Calicajun.

It is SOOOOO much fun being out & about, with my camera, and I am subject to shoot just about anything :-).

Blessings to you,
Nathan
Old Mar 13, 2008, 3:20 AM   #4

Kind of building I like,featuring some breeze from the past however cosmetic it might be! May you retain your joy of taking your camera out anytime and in any case:-)Btw, very nice avatar
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:51 AM   #5

Thanks Bahadir.

Yes, my camera (as said many times before) is my 'sidekieck' :-). It is such a blessing to be able to do as we do, with our capturing devices, and I am constantly striving to get better...much better. I appreciate your viewing my simple 'building' photo, and that you also found favor in my avatar.

Blessings,
Nathan
Old Mar 16, 2008, 5:05 AM   #6

perfect angle for this type of subject. Maybe run the file through noise ninja to try to elmiminate tht posterization in the sky

i would be temptd to pump up the highlights a bit more and bring in the deeps to try to give the actual light a harder more dynamic look.

nice one

Ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:49 AM   #7

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
perfect angle for this type of subject. Maybe run the file through noise ninja to try to elmiminate tht posterization in the sky

i would be temptd to pump up the highlights a bit more and bring in the deeps to try to give the actual light a harder more dynamic look.

nice one

Ken
Hi Ken.

I couldn't get back to you as speedily as I would have desired to. I have been really busy with some other things, of late. I did try, though, to follow your suggestion to eliminate the posterization by running the photo through a noise suppresion program. I do not have Noise Ninja, but am trying out a demo version of Neat Image. However, each time that I try it, on this photo, I keep getting notification about no uniformity in channels. It appears that I am going to have to fool around with this program - A LOT - before I begin to make some strides with it.

As for your other suggestiion (pumpimg the highlights, and bringing in deeper tones), I will try giving it this treatment, in Lightroom, and see what I can come up with. I will post back with the results of that for your CC.

Thanks much.

Blessings,
Nathan

Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:59 AM   #8

Ken,

I found a few minutes by which to give a shot at your suggested treatment (highlights & darkening). Hopefully I didn't overdo it :-), but let me know what you think. Better or worse?
.................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Also, what is the best way to resize a photo for the best viewing display? I am using Photoshop7 for such efforts, which doesn't give me sizing elements in "Bytes". So what I ahve been doing, is to select 'inches', due to thinking that a 5"x7" selection would show as exactly that, on any monitor. It is always a trial & error thing with me, and I don't seem to be able to step up on a setting that would work for optimal display (size-wise). So, if someone could share with me how they are going about this, in Photoshop (or Lightroom), I'd really appreciate it.

Blessings,
Nathan

Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:00 PM   #9

Deleted
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:36 PM   #10

Like that view too, very strong and good capture of the lighting.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote