Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:36 AM   #11

@ Calicajun
Well, if you're skeeking further cropping, I'd put a rectangular subject within ( at least) a 'squared' rectangular frame rather than another similar one which would not emphasizethe content! I shoud also remind that the stand of your daughter alreadymakes a pretty nice rule of the thirds withinboth windows as well asher windowwithin ours
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:36 PM   #12

Pj1974, that's a much better crop than what I attempted to do while at work last night.

bahadir,

You're right, what was I thinking (or not thinking) putting a rectangular shaped subject subject into a square frame, I shouldknow better.:whack:

Thanks for all the help,

Craig

Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:37 PM   #13

What a wonderful photo...I love it!!
photowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:55 PM   #14

photowed wrote:
Quote:
What a wonderful photo...I love it!!
Thank you, we were lucky to get the shot as they torn down everything about a week after the shoot. Seems just a bit of over kill just to stop me from coming around.:lol:
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:19 PM   #15

It really is a neat picture...I'm glad you got it before they tore it down...It's a very moving shot...can't wait to see some more of your shots...happy shooting!
photowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:22 PM   #16

Im forgetting you told me its your daughter in the picture. If that was an important factor you would have said so in the beginning. As it is, thats just a woman. We cant see her face so we can only image what she looks like. By the shape she is young and (to me) probably attractive with nice long hair. Her youth contrasts the aged building and cockeyed broken window. She is looking out dreaming of escaping her environment. Or perhaps she is returning to her childhood home with either very good or very bad memories. This picture has so much to say. Its in each of us to think what it is. This is about as much as I would crop it. One of the best photos Ive seen on this site. Great job.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 3:45 PM   #17

Thanks all for the comments, it's nice to hear what people think about a picture.

Bynx,

Yes, that is my daughter but I wasn't shooting her just the image in the window. She went inside the house to prove she could get better shots than mine. I just happen along walking outside the and grab the shot. She is my shooting partner, we are always trying to out do the each other, she is better (don't tell her I said that) but I have the bigger camera.:G

Thanks again,

Craig