Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 29, 2008, 4:09 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Calicajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quartz Hill, CA
Posts: 3,455
Default

The fill flash came out great, that technique should come in handy doing portraits in the future.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 4:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
Lovelyphoto #1and example of fill flash improving the shot

there is still a bright side and dark side of the head/hair

I suppose this is where studio applied lighting and/or bounce

flash could go on to provide a more even illumination of the

head, other thoughts would be the subject rotated 90 degrees

to face the light and the camera moved into a suitable position

to take better advantage of the natural oncoming light.........................musket.
All are spot on evaluations, my friend! I haven't got a dedicated flash unit yet and have to waitfor some time untill I fullfill my priority of WA lens compelling meto learn to live with the on board unit, which is stillfun:-) I try to retain the kind ofslight shadow whichfurther emphasizesany thoughtful expression on the face without hindering the features!

................................................



@ CW: LoL!, I thought thespirit of chilvary wasdead in those days of mediocrity
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 4:31 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
The fill flash came out great, that technique should come in handy doing portraits in the future.
Thank you, my friend! I try not to miss any challenginglighting scenario as long as time permits : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 5:13 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
musket wrote:
Quote:
Lovelyphoto #1and example of fill flash improving the shot

there is still a bright side and dark side of the head/hair

I suppose this is where studio applied lighting and/or bounce

flash could go on to provide a more even illumination of the

head, other thoughts would be the subject rotated 90 degrees

to face the light and the camera moved into a suitable position

to take better advantage of the natural oncoming light.........................musket.
All are spot on evaluations, my friend! I haven't got a dedicated flash unit yet and have to waitfor some time untill I fullfill my priority of WA lens compelling meto learn to live with the on board unit, which is stillfun:-) I try to retain the kind ofslight shadow whichfurther emphasizesany thoughtful expression on the face without hindering the features!

................................................



@ CW: LoL!, I thought thespirit of chilvary wasdead in those days of mediocrity
Good things are eternal.
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 5:24 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
musket wrote:
Quote:
Lovelyphoto #1and example of fill flash improving the shot

there is still a bright side and dark side of the head/hair

I suppose this is where studio applied lighting and/or bounce

flash could go on to provide a more even illumination of the

head, other thoughts would be the subject rotated 90 degrees

to face the light and the camera moved into a suitable position

to take better advantage of the natural oncoming light.........................musket.
All are spot on evaluations, my friend! I haven't got a dedicated flash unit yet and have to waitfor some time untill I fullfill my priority of WA lens compelling meto learn to live with the on board unit, which is stillfun:-) I try to retain the kind ofslight shadow whichfurther emphasizesany thoughtful expression on the face without hindering the features!

................................................



@ CW: LoL!, I thought thespirit of chilvary wasdead in those days of mediocrity
Igot an SB800 at Christmas, andI can truthfully say there is a vast difference

between it and the onboard flash unit :-)

a little video I found useful on youtube with regard to bounce flash from Peter Gregg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLPw...eature=related

.............:|...........musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 5:32 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
musket wrote:
Quote:
Lovelyphoto #1and example of fill flash improving the shot

there is still a bright side and dark side of the head/hair

I suppose this is where studio applied lighting and/or bounce

flash could go on to provide a more even illumination of the

head, other thoughts would be the subject rotated 90 degrees

to face the light and the camera moved into a suitable position

to take better advantage of the natural oncoming light.........................musket.
All are spot on evaluations, my friend! I haven't got a dedicated flash unit yet and have to waitfor some time untill I fullfill my priority of WA lens compelling meto learn to live with the on board unit, which is stillfun:-) I try to retain the kind ofslight shadow whichfurther emphasizesany thoughtful expression on the face without hindering the features!

................................................



@ CW: LoL!, I thought thespirit of chilvary wasdead in those days of mediocrity
Igot an SB800 at Christmas, andI can truthfully say there is a vast difference

between it and the onboard flash unit :-)

a little video I found useful on youtube with regard to bounce flash from Peter Gregg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLPw...eature=related

.............:|...........musket.
Agree! I like to too. It makes pictures more natural lit. And can fill the whole area with light
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 7:08 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

@ Musket:

Thank you for the link! I also visited Peter Gregg'swebsitein which it writes: 'Capturing the light in you' ...Actually, how true!!

Btw, as far as I understand, your SB800 isconsidered as top-of-the-line flashfrom Nikon!! You lucky guy :-)

........................................

@ CW: Yea, I do share your enthusiasm:|


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 9:51 PM   #18
Member
 
jollyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 80
Default

hello bahadirthe pic.with full flash is my favorite one, myself also like to use full flash i thing the pic. comes nice in day light nice work:|
jollyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 3:56 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

jollyr wrote:
Quote:
hello bahadirthe pic.with full flash is my favorite one, myself also like to use full flash i thing the pic. comes nice in day light nice work:|
Jolly, thank you for the feedback indicating your preference and experience as well!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:09 PM.