Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 28, 2008, 2:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

He, I leave more comments then I shoot pictures. I chose a few pictures that I like your comment from. These are made at the nature park 'Castle gardens of Arcen' the Netherlands. It was cloudy, the sun did not show itself at most times.

Most pictures are shot with my new Sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6. Which is nice lens for outdoor shots. A few are made with Tamron 200-500 4.5-6.3, but those closeups were not that good. The monkeys kept looking at me..trying to protect the baby monkey. I got too close and they just sit there...

I tried to have Hyperfocal distance with most outdoor shots.

#1

[img]http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/6060VwVQBpB3pTx1ehXrBkvTb3qlLPsW*5HDv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_f .jpg&download=true[/img]
#2 Ahh no Toilet aah well!


(joking :blah:It was just a watergun from a pool in the park)

#3



#4


#5



#6


feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2008, 3:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Nice shooting feetjai.

Especially #2 (pun intended)that's all I'm going to say about #2!:lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a great place to get some good pics!
I really like #6. Hope you don't mind me tweaking the color a bit.

Attached Images
 
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 3:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Nice shooting feetjai.

Especially #2 (pun intended)that's all I'm going to say about #2!:lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a great place to get some good pics!
I really like #6. Hope you don't mind me tweaking the color a bit.
Thank you. The colors are better. Mine were just too yellow.

I used white balance - cloudy +2 somstimes +3 . That caused the bird pic to become so yellow?
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 4:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Hey, do you go out shooting with an assistant:G (pun intended)

Ok, joke aside, I toofind John's edit a decent one!

I especially liked #4but looks a bit much dark and dim to me! Hope you don't mind my take! I think theovercastweatherwasn't very complimenting that day. But no excuse:blah:

Btw, I'd be pleased if you let me know why you preferred Sigma 12-24 over the 10-20..Thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Bahadır
Attached Images
 
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 4:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Hey, do you go out shooting with an assistant:G (pun intended)

Ok, joke aside, I toofind John's edit a decent one!

I especially liked #4but looks a bit much dark and dim to me! Hope you don't mind my take! I think theovercastweatherwasn't very complimenting that day. But no excuse:blah:

Btw, I'd be pleased if you let me know why you preferred Sigma 12-24 over the 10-20..Thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Bahadır
He! Thanks for the educational advice everyone!

Why I chose 12-24 and not the 10-20? Wellmy answer is: somehow the 10-20 has a wide angle of 102.4 degrees at 10 mm and the 12-24 has a wide angle of 122 at 12 mm. The websites tests show that the 12-24 has very little distortion. And that was enough fo me to go for this lens. At first i wanted the Tamron 14mm 2.8 but it has such a much more distortion then the sigma....distortions can be fixed with software..but the extra degrees that it cannot shoot i cannot attach to the picture that easy. 12-24 is the only lens that does 122 degrees.... (so far I know)

Except the fish eye 180 degrees but that lens is not usable for me yet.

hahahah! indeed the weather is no excuse. Yes Sir! If I use 1 stop faster shutterspeed then it the picture would be luminated as your changed version or not Bahadir?
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 4:33 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Nice shooting feetjai.

Especially #2 (pun intended)that's all I'm going to say about #2!:lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a great place to get some good pics!
I really like #6. Hope you don't mind me tweaking the color a bit.
Goldwinger? What's your way to change the colors??

Do you only change / tweak the RGB values until they colors look real or is there a magic button inside a drawing program?
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 4:34 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

Excuse me but I don't understand pun intended..what does that mean?? :?
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 4:36 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 202
Default

Shot #4 was from behind glas.

Feetjai taking paper & pencil: Be carefull for window reflections from windows in the opposite side of the room where I am... ' (putting notbook down)
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 8:40 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Well… I thought maybe you might not understand,(pun) it's kind of an American thing. It's a play on word use. Example: you posted a picture of a stream of water shooting across the pond. You also made reference to no toilet and the implication that you were, uh… shall we say showing off!
So I used a "pun" to reply to you. I said, you did some nice shooting. Especially #2 the "pun" is using the word shooting to refer to both the photographs and the tremendous feat of shooting that stream of water that far! I mean I have strong kidneys but not that strong!:lol::lol::lol:
Pun… one word that you use in a light hearted joking way to mean two different things. sometimes it happens in a general conversation without even really trying, and as you say it, and realize you just made a pun... you would laugh and say "no pun intended"

I hope I explained that OK. it works better in person...:-D

feetjai wrote:
Quote:
Excuse me but I don't understand pun intended..what does that mean?? :?
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 1:19 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

feetjai wrote:
Quote:
He! Thanks for the educational advice everyone!

Why I chose 12-24 and not the 10-20? Wellmy answer is: somehow the 10-20 has a wide angle of 102.4 degrees at 10 mm and the 12-24 has a wide angle of 122 at 12 mm. The websites tests show that the 12-24 has very little distortion. And that was enough fo me to go for this lens. At first i wanted the Tamron 14mm 2.8 but it has such a much more distortion then the sigma....distortions can be fixed with software..but the extra degrees that it cannot shoot i cannot attach to the picture that easy. 12-24 is the only lens that does 122 degrees.... (so far I know)

Except the fish eye 180 degrees but that lens is not usable for me yet.

hahahah! indeed the weather is no excuse. Yes Sir! If I use 1 stop faster shutterspeed then it the picture would be luminated as your changed version or not Bahadir?
Thanks for elaborating your decision of lens.Actually the 12-24 has anangle of view of 122 degrees but on a Full Frame sensor as it was designed for,whichmeans thatit's no wonderexpecting a narrower angle of view from the 12-24 than the 10-20 ontheAPS size sensor of your Sony A100 by 2 degrees! So, I assume that you're expecting to upgrade to FF sometime(??)..Distortion wisethe 12-24seems to havethe edge as you mentioned!

As for the picture, you meant 1 stop slower I think ; ) , which isslower than the shutterspeed of 1/125''or you might use a wider (smaller) aperture instead of f/11. to achieve abrighter image.Ah, howevermy humbleversion has a bit more,a little exposure blendingas well : )


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.