Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:30 AM   #11

Sorry, says attachment size bigger than allowed. 250,400 bytes translates into what? I suppose I could google and find out, but come on... everything I have seen for the last hundred years or so is measured in KB or MEGS. The Picture is only 729KB and 1024x768. One would think in a forum geared toward quality images in todays day and age that it would be time to up the ante a little. I mean come on... how many are on here with 15" monitors? I hate to be a complainer, however...

Back to the drawing board. I hate to look elsewhere for a forum that can handle a modern image since everyone here has been so nice, but... does anyone know of any or am I off base?

Mr Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 3:42 AM   #12

Mr Ranger wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, says attachment size bigger than allowed. 250,400 bytes translates into what? I suppose I could google and find out, but come on... everything I have seen for the last hundred years or so is measured in KB or MEGS. The Picture is only 729KB and 1024x768. One would think in a forum geared toward quality images in todays day and age that it would be time to up the ante a little. I mean come on... how many are on here with 15" monitors? I hate to be a complainer, however...

Back to the drawing board. I hate to look elsewhere for a forum that can handle a modern image since everyone here has been so nice, but... does anyone know of any or am I off base?

'Imageshack' will allow you to store files of up to 1.5mbyte size and provide

thumbnail code to to insert in forums, you really need to read up on how

to post files that are larger than the forums will allow you to store on site.

eg

to see the photo you just click on the thumbnail :idea:..........musket.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=81

ps. Also off site storeage helps conserve the site's resources of bandwidth

and speed so that it all doesn't come to a grinding halt.

musket is offline   Reply With Quote