Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:39 AM   #1

Comments please !
Attached Images

donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2008, 4:19 AM   #2

nice. it gives the signal 'danger danger!' Interesting that some flowers remain almost the same while other get that nice unsharpness due to movement.

How did you do this? by using a tripod, zooming the lens combined with a slower shutter time?

Another creative pic.
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:20 AM   #3

I did this shot hand held @ F/11with shutter speed @ 1/25 sec. ISO 100 with a 18/70 zoom lens. I zoomed the lens out as I snapped the shot. This was my first attempt at a shot like this and I thought it turned out pretty good so I stopped trying right there. I have a field nearby my house that is full of orange flowers and I'm going to get a shot of it with the same settings. We'll see how that turns out.

Thanks for your comments!
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 6:06 PM   #4
Super Moderator

It's not a bad shot but lacking some punch so would say this is a great starting point. I would go for shooting later in the day an then using some flash to give a better exposure to one end of the movement. Give it a try zooming both ways as they will give different effects.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I love shots with movement rather than frozen action so if you do get to play again please post some more.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:39 PM   #5

It's good, and very creative and eye-catching. The colours could be more saturated for a better shot, on my Z812 i would choose the "High Colour" setting, don't know if its any different for you.

I cant believe that you made this shot without touching any software for making the zoomy effect! I can honestly say, this is an extremely creative shot! I would have never though of that in a million years!

I see now that you are a very creative photographer. For these photos make sure the colours are extra-saturated to give it that added "Punch!"

Very nice work! I will try to see your future photos, and await them with great anticipation!

-Sim
SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote