Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 12, 2008, 2:15 AM   #11

I like the second one a bit more. But then again I am partial to darker images. When people critique my work "under exposed" is usually the first comment I get :-p
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:16 AM   #12

coachjames wrote:
Quote:
Awesome, as always. It is so vibrant that it is almost cartoony, I mean in a good way. Would it be possible to post the 3 base shots?
Yea, I get what you say, which is exactlywhat I too liked in this image

Thank you for the good suggestion! You'll find the original shots above ; )

.................................................. ..............

Carrots wrote:

Quote:
I like the second one a bit more. But then again I am partial to darker images. When people critique my work "under exposed" is usually the first comment I get :-p
Thank you for indicating your preference!The observers' inputs are invaluable to me : )As for critique: I often consider the lighting of my room when commentingand avoidediting alltogether when the strong morning light comesright across the window in front of me:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:16 PM   #13

Im away for a week and I come back to this great shot. The lighting and HDR effects are very nice indeed. Ive added my 2 pesos to the pot and here is what I came up with.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:26 AM   #14

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Im away for a week and I come back to this great shot. The lighting and HDR effects are very nice indeed. Ive added my 2 pesos to the pot and here is what I came up with.
Welcome back my friend and don't be so far :-)
That's an eye pleasing version you did regarding the background reddish colourespecially,and a bit more light. The foreground has a noticeably more reddish tone also, than my take...Actually the most accurate colour for the enlightment of the place is there in the third base shot, which is a bit too much however due to thebracketedexposure time. Anyway, the priority should be 'acquiring the most aesthetic outcome'. So, Iamhappy to seethe versions heartily : ) Btw,I guess you used the three base shots provided above and did the whole hdr process from the start. Right? Thank you again for the worthy effort and kind comment : )
Old Aug 15, 2008, 6:07 AM   #15

Always a pleasure my friend. By the way, is there any info on that fishing boat in the background. Looks a bit bigger than one I used for catching minnows.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:09 PM   #16

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
...Looks a bit bigger than one I used for catching minnows.
Ah, had it not been for your humour my friend... :-)

Actually it's a battleshipused as a navalmuseum. Should you examine theside of the shipthroughly, you'll see a submarine next to it as the rest of the display!

Btw, I'd also be pleased toread the method used foryour take above...

Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:19 AM   #17

I didnt really do much at all. I used the default of my Photomatic for the HDR and then I did a bit of Shadow/Highlight and a bit of Unsharp Mask.