Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 1, 2008, 2:52 PM   #1

Recently returned from holiday in Turkey where we visited these amazing pools at Pamukale. It's been a long time since I last posted anything.
Just wanted some feedback on my take on it.
Attached Images

malinstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2008, 6:34 PM   #2

Great shot and one terrific poster. Id buy one. Thanks.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:39 AM   #3

Congrats on your choice of destination which is also one of my favouritesconsidering alsothe presence ofthe ancient city of Hieropolisat the top of the unique white hill of cascades You've been to where emperors came for a curative bath including Hadrianus andNero, and nowknownas a world heritage site !

Your picture displays atasteful slice of the cascades which makes methink thatyou might havefurtherphotos showing 'the big picture' and the ancient city as well : ) Ah, when I last visited there I had an analog camera and therefore Ihave some slides now awaiting to be digitalized! Btw, I hope you also visited the ancient city of Aphrodisias nearby, which once houseda highlyreputable sculpture school of antiquity...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:35 PM   #4

Bahadir, I did wonder if you would spot my picture. And of course you are right I have many more shots of Hieropolis still to work through.

We didn't get to Aphrodisias but the kids just wanted to be in the pool in those temperatures. It is so hot! How do you cope? It was 35C on the cold days and 46C when it was hot.

We were in Altinkum so we did go to the Temple of Apollo in Didum, some of those shots to follow too.
malinstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 3:36 AM   #5

malinstreak wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir, I did wonder if you would spot my picture. And of course you are right I have many more shots of Hieropolis still to work through.

We didn't get to Aphrodisias but the kids just wanted to be in the pool in those temperatures. It is so hot! How do you cope? It was 35C on the cold days and 46C when it was hot.

We were in Altinkum so we did go to the Temple of Apollo in Didum, some of those shots to follow too.
Oh, no wonder I'd spot that picture like a salmon spotting its birthplace:-)

Ican alsoremembera very good museum converted from a Roman bath there, at which some of your pictures might have been shot andnowqueued up in your wokflow : ) As for the hot mineral water springs, there should be about 20 of them around there ranging from 35 degrees to boiling hot!

Actually, Temple of Apolloat Didyma or today's Didim built about the same time (6th Century BC) with itssister templeof Temple of Artemis in Ephesus(one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and the largest temple of Antiquity as well), is a must to visit Looking forward to seeing your pictures of that fabulous temple!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote