Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:39 AM   #1

My wife recently bought me a D300 as a birthday present, as I would like to go into the world of digital photography. I decided to take my camera with me to my brother's wedding yesterday, and I didn't see an official photographer there, so I hoped to be able to edit my photos and share them with the family.

I didn't have a flash and only used the pop flash with the D300, and had the kit lens.

With many of my photos inside, the bride seems to be exposed ok, but the groom's outfit is very underexposed, and also so is the background. I used Matrix metering. I also see that the windows are quite distracting because of the light

My question is; how can I brighten up the background and the groom, without overexposing the bride? I have photoshop v8.0 CS, but I'm very new to the program. PS I shot in RAW, as I expected this to be quite challenging for my first time shooting indoors, so I hope I can make some adjustments either in photoshop and Nikon capture with the raw files?

If someone was kind enough to show me what could be done to the image, and how, I'm sure me and my family would be very pleased.

Thanks to you all

Kenneth

Attached Images

Sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:48 AM   #2

Just put your pic through Shadow/Highlight. You can lighten the darks while keeping the whites as they are. This was a one second fix.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:55 AM   #3

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Just put your pic through Shadow/Highlight. You can lighten the darks while keeping the whites as they are. This was a one second fix.
Bynx, that looks much better. I just tried it myself with some other photos and it looks great. That is the easiest and best way I imagine?

Thank you.
Sporty is offline   Reply With Quote