Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 7, 2008, 3:29 AM   #1

Having swum in this cave pond of sparkling water,one understands why it is called Zeus Cave, which provides itsbather an invisable armour against feelinghot for the next couple of hours even in Augustof the Aegean!!

Anyway,the relatively large enterance ofthe caveseperatesthe cool and dim insideenabling youto see the vapour of your breathfrom the dazzling Aegean sun. Justafew steps ahead isa point whichprovides a decent overall viewfor the ones toshoot and the cause for theimages with burned foregrounds and blackout backgrounds I saw on the net!

Here's my HDR attempt (from which I also managed to print outa spot on and sharp A4 size picture with my new canon ip4500, color management set to photoshop)and then the RAW conversion with PS defaults (as shot) with the exif.

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2008, 8:07 AM   #2

Excellent. Your HDR version looks very natural looking and well exposed as compared to the original.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 8:24 AM   #3

Really nice work. Nice inclussion of the person to give the scene a proper sense of proportion. I like it a lot!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 9:15 AM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Excellent. Your HDR version looks very natural looking and well exposed as compared to the original.
Thank you for the kind feedback! Actually, the original (ev 0) shot had no chance given the prevailing lighting conditions!

.................................................. .................

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Really nice work. Nice inclussion of the person to give the scene a proper sense of proportion. I like it a lot!
Happy to readyour comment:-DI was lucky about timing since that personjumped into the water asI was shooting!

Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:00 PM   #5

Excellent HDR my friend, and also tack sharp dreamy lagoon water were these taken in Kusadasi where Zeus was known to swimm inside with beautiful girls from the village hiding from his jealous wife Hera
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:47 PM   #6

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Excellent HDR my friend, and also tack sharp dreamy lagoon water were these taken in Kusadasi where Zeus was known to swimm inside with beautiful girls from the village hiding from his jealous wife Hera
Yea, that's it! Have you been to?

Thanks for the further elaboration and your kind feedback, my friend
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:20 AM   #7

Hi Bahadir

I must have missed this one! GREAT colours and wonderful job with the HDR looking so natural.

Do you know the guy who is standing there? He adds interest (and perspective of size) to the photo.

I would love to visit this place one day (I love natural settings like caves and special peaceful swimming places!)

Very well composed! Next time we hope to see you swimming in there, with the photos taken by your children, who I'm sure by now are budding photog's too! :G

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:40 AM   #8

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bahadir

I must have missed this one! GREAT colours and wonderful job with the HDR looking so natural.

Do you know the guy who is standing there? He adds interest (and perspective of size) to the photo.

I would love to visit this place one day (I love natural settings like caves and special peaceful swimming places!)

Very well composed! Next time we hope to see you swimming in there, with the photos taken by your children, who I'm sure by now are budding photog's too! :G

Paul
Thank youfor therich feedback, my friend!You must have seen the link from another pic. of mine in the landscapes. Actually a single long exposure shot typical for low light scenarios wouldn't work there as there wasa strongflow of light from the cave's large enterence hittingon the nearer rocks but leaving the depths of the cave almost pitch dark! So you can see a lot of pictures of this place on the webwith blown foregroundbut black mid and back grounds (evena three of five shothdr could hardly suffice as seen in the picture of my kids below!)

Hey, I bet you won't forget the experience when you, especially, swim there in the mineral water providing you a invisible shileld against hotabout a few hours : ) Just make sureyou let me know prior to your arrival! As for the guy in the picture; I can only remember (we had a short talk though)that he was a true admirer of the place who came even earlier than me and everyone else who followed!! Ohmy kids are indeed interested in photography (in fact, more interestedto usemy dslr than their P&S when I'm out!!) to be able to do, perhaps, a better job, including me in the frame, when we next pay a visit there:-)

Cheers,

Bahadır

Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:34 AM   #9

Boy, that olympic diving board doesnt get any simpler than that. Great shot. Id love to swim there.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:09 PM   #10

Bahadir,

This is a cracker Bahadir, and in my humble opinion one of the best HDRs you have done to date.

Well done!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote