Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:30 AM   #21

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:
....Overall it isn't a shot that I would choose to frame. It reminds of those images that come with frames you buy from the frame section in k-mart that have a photo already in them. Those images you quickly rip out and put in something more pleasing.
Still, you can be quite happy with the result Rodney,because you have reached tothe heights where half knowledge and snobbishness can bring one!Perhaps you can start burning the dress as you once advised someone Trust me, itwon't look worse than on human skin! You must have already read the comments here and in the comperable'mono portraits' thread from the ones both artistically and technically superior mates than yourselfwhile feeling the taste of the medicine you claimed to provide to the ones here at C & T forum withthe following expression of yours: '' I will check in and recognize someone with talent and will offer some suggestions. The C&T forum was started because of me and I am the one who gave it the name, but the majority of people here do not want to improve their photography skills ''

You see, it takesmore than one compartmenteither to realise or to appreciate atrue work,your single omnipotent(!)COI parameter centered around a big shaft can hardlyhandle!

Regards,

Bahadır
Bahadir,

Do yo think I posted this image her because I was seeking praise? I get all the praise I need without visiting this forum.

She is an adorable child and there isn't much I could mess up to change that. It's an old image of a cute little girl that I dug up from my files to share. The idea was to share it for constructive criticism, but you guys really don't want to learn anything.

While you and a few others use my posts on the forum to bash me, others are learning something...Not many, but a few who participate and lurk on here email me because they want to learn more.

At some point I'll share what I learned from shooting this portrait and a few others like it. For now, I will continued to be humored by your idiotic comments.

Rodney

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:53 AM   #22

Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:
Overall it isn't a shot that I would choose to frame. It reminds of those images that come with frames you buy from the frame section in k-mart that have a photo already in them. Those images you quickly rip out and put in something more pleasing.
Hey Ollie, I have a nice 8 x 10 inch frame here which came with a picture of a beautiful woman I want to be the grandmother of my kids some day. I cant take it out and just toss it away. She is far too beautiful.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:03 AM   #23

.....edited....no really it was.....
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:05 AM   #24

*sigh* lol.....for the benefit of good will amongst men!!

Rodney, I still say you are arrogant in the way you interact with others at times....but lets just leave it at that......

right back to bashing others elsewhere.......

Ollie

PS: still don't like the image. Sterile was mentioned, and with good reason. emotionally it is lacking. But that isn't something that comes easy, even to pro photographers.
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:15 AM   #25

We are a very close family, wink wink nudge nudge, you know what I mean. Besides that I have great respect for grandmothers. Im a grandfather you know.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:33 AM   #26

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:
....Overall it isn't a shot that I would choose to frame. It reminds of those images that come with frames you buy from the frame section in k-mart that have a photo already in them. Those images you quickly rip out and put in something more pleasing.
Still, you can be quite happy with the result Rodney,because you have reached tothe heights where half knowledge and snobbishness can bring one!Perhaps you can start burning the dress as you once advised someone Trust me, itwon't look worse than on human skin! You must have already read the comments here and in the comperable'mono portraits' thread from the ones both artistically and technically superior mates than yourselfwhile feeling the taste of the medicine you claimed to provide to the ones here at C & T forum withthe following expression of yours: '' I will check in and recognize someone with talent and will offer some suggestions. The C&T forum was started because of me and I am the one who gave it the name, but the majority of people here do not want to improve their photography skills ''

You see, it takesmore than one compartmenteither to realise or to appreciate atrue work,your single omnipotent(!)COI parameter centered around a big shaft can hardlyhandle!

Regards,

Bahadır
Bahadir,

Do yo think I posted this image her because I was seeking praise? I get all the praise I need without visiting this forum.

She is an adorable child and there isn't much I could mess up to change that. It's an old image of a cute little girl that I dug up from my files to share. The idea was to share it for constructive criticism, but you guys really don't want to learn anything.

While you and a few others use my posts on the forum to bash me, others are learning something...Not many, but a few who participate and lurk on here email me because they want to learn more.

At some point I'll share what I learned from shooting this portrait and a few others like it. For now, I will continued to be humored by your idiotic comments.

Rodney

Ah, another turn around your COI and you are here again with trembling fingers realities already escaped from your brain because of somecentrifugal forces! Rodney, if you are to be humoured, it must due to the most idiolatic commentin my reply which was an actualquotation from you (!) honouring yourself as a savior!!:'' I will check in and recognize someone with talent and will offer some suggestions. The C&T forum was started because of me and I am the one who gave it the name, but the majority of people here do not want to improve their photography skills '' (Pity for the remaining idiot trollsthen!!) Perhaps here I should make it clear that it wasn't my humour but your own worlds displaying your reality! Please, I remember congratulating you for the picture but the more you try topush ahead thecuteness and innocence of the girl the more I'llimagine even it might not be your work. After all, you had made us all watch the images leaking from your limbo once! Now,go backtoyour hobby horsethere and have fun!

Regards,

Bahadır

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:50 AM   #27

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Ollie77 wrote:
Quote:

Regards,

Bahadır
Bahadir,

Rodney

Ah, another turn around your COI and you are here again with trembling fingers realities already escaped from your brain because of somecentrifugal forces! Rodney, if you are to be humoured, it must due to the most idiolatic commentin my reply which was an actualquotation from you (!) honouring yourself as a savior!!:'' I will check in and recognize someone with talent and will offer some suggestions. The C&T forum was started because of me and I am the one who gave it the name, but the majority of people here do not want to improve their photography skills '' (Pity for the remaining idiot trollsthen!!) Perhaps here I should make it clear that it wasn't my humour but your own worlds displaying your reality! Please, I remember congratulating you for the picture but the more you try topush ahead thecuteness and innocence of the girl the more I'llimagine even it might not be your work. Now,go backtoyour hobby horsethere and have fun!

Regards,

Bahadır

You have taken my comment a little out of context, but that is ok. It was intended as a compliment to anyone I had bothered to share thoughts about their work and this forum was started because of me which is a simple fact. When I joined this site the owner recognized a couple things. 1. he recognized that there was a need for this type of exchange and 2. he recognized that there were a few of us at the time with the talent to help others. Long story short, I was asked what should we call the new forum. I'll not waste anymore of my time dealing with your posts because it is only a waste of space on this site. Instead, I'll continue to offer constructive criticism to the original posters.

Have a great day!

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:58 AM   #28

Reading way back into C&T I discover it was NOT you who started C&T Rod. Knee.

No no. A stalwart group who decryed your choice of subject matter and the language you used to dissect their work was what led to this forum. In fact if you go back far enough you will see that many times you threatened to LEAVE....swore you WOULD leave...yet here you are again.

Common sense tells me that someone somewhere has handed you your head on a plate and this is where you've come limping back to try to restore your shattered ego.

Best regards....( ? a trademark sign off from one of the originals who rejected your claim to legitimacy)

It appears many members have a long memory Rod and you are not quite able to walk freely amongst us as mutton dressed up as lamb.
Lawquepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:56 PM   #29

The majority of people here want praise. If it goes outside the realm of praise it is viewed and often responded to with what I have seen here in the last couple of weeks.

This is not new here to the forum. I have been a member before this forum was even on this site. Rodney was on it then. I appreciated his input. I appreciate it now.

I remember when I was in the Panasonic forum and I posted many shots from my trip from the Grand Canyon. A former member from Holland took the time to critique each and every shot. I at first was taken aback by it. Others on the forum literally attacked him for it. That was not right. It was a sting at first but it was sound observation and advice and it spurred me on to do better. I am not just satisfied with what I shoot and I don't find PP a way to get me to become a better photographer. It does help in creating a finished product in many different ways.

What is happening here as of late is not new. If it continues its course the same may happen again with being banned.

It's not about being a big boy and I should be able to take it. It's about being better than the posts that have been made as of late. The use of making one's point has really taken itself out of bounds in my opinion.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 1:27 AM   #30

Aclash of personalities methinks, and he with the larger text

tries to gain ground, maybe it's time for friend and foe management :-)

Astatement I have often heard quoted is 'the rules are there to be broken'

usually from those who never bothered to learn them in the first place

and to quote bygone artists with peculiar tastes in art as a mentor

and guide in photography...phooey(hogwash).....If you aspire to earn a living

from photography then take the time to learn the techniques as used

by successful professional photographers....If you're just trying to excuse

your ineptness by using larger text in your arguements you're just wasting

everyones time :P..............

musket is offline   Reply With Quote