Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:16 PM   #11

bpearcy10 ...

Print that sucker. Looks great to me.
Dave Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:44 PM   #12

bpearcy10 wrote:
Quote:
I like it a lot.

What software did you use? I ask that because I've been shopping around and noticed that there are different Photoshop's -- Adobe and and Corel for starters.

How do I know which "photoshop" to get?
Adobe Photo Shop is certainly the Cadilac of the photo editing programs. Corel's Paint Shop is less expensive, but is very capable. I actually prefer the Corel offering over Photo Shop. Anyone who only uses Photo Shop will shoot down any sugestion about other programs, but you will have to decide what is best suited for your needs. I work professionally and find either works great. You can download Corel's Paint Shop and try it out and I suspect you can do the same with Adobe Photo Shop.

At home, I have a Linux network so neither of the previously mentioned programs are an option unless I boot up into my windows system so I often use GIMP at home and most images I post on here are edited with GIMP. GIMP is *free* and will run on most platforms including Windows XP and Vista. Finding your way around is a bit of a challenge at first, but when you find all the features it is a very capable program.

I've not seen any work on this forum that warrants the use of Adobe Photo Shop. Most tweaks I see can be achieved with some of the most basic programs that are offered with many digicams. It is a very powerful program for anyone who masters everything it can do though. If precision color is a must then Adobe is the only way to go.

Rodney

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:29 AM   #13

Hey,
for a start any image manipulation program will do as long as the basic things like histogram, curves, color and sharpness are there. Later on you want layers and some special features. I am a big fan of Jasc(!) Paint Shop Pro and with the changes Corel did to that product I stopped using it. After a lot of research I found Photoline (www.pl32.com) which isn't exactly Photoshop, but has every basic tool I am asking for and is MUCH cheaper. Throw in some opensource/freeware tools and different RAW converters (mainly the Pentax Lab and Raw Therapee these days) plus QImage for batch work (RAW/print). Software-wise a cheap/affordable solution.

regards,
Th.

bpearcy10 wrote:
Quote:
I like it a lot.

What software did you use? I ask that because I've been shopping around and noticed that there are different Photoshop's -- Adobe and and Corel for starters.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2008, 3:49 PM   #14

bpearcy10 wrote:
Quote:
I like it a lot.

i use photoimpact pro 11, and i find it more user friendly than photoshop. i have both and ichoose touse the photoimpact.
slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2008, 6:43 PM   #15

Nice capture, now all you have to do is pick the PP you like and a frame.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote