Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:39 PM   #1

Hey everyone.

Finally found a decent enough day ( not too wet) here on the west coast to take some nature shots, and since I was allllll over the city that day, I was able to get a couple different shots from a couple different parks.

Please be vocal with your opinions! I have a lot to learn and I'm sure many of you could give me some great feedback.

These photos have been slightly touched up in lightroom.. a bit of sharpness and saturation here and there, but slight. Also been taken down in size.. All shots taken with 450d and the 18-55mm kit lens o0

Hope you like them!

ScoobyDooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:52 PM   #2

Incredible beauty, great shots! Please keep posting.
artmustel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:17 AM   #3

Lovely shots, good camera and great scenes to go along with it.........
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:09 PM   #4

I really love these shots. The color and exposure seem to be very well balanced. I'm a huge nature freak when shooting photos, so these were right up my alley.

The thing I really like about the last one is the color, but also how it barely gives you a look towards the falls, so it peaks the curiosity of what is behind the bend. Great job!

wrestlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:26 AM   #5

Nos 1,3 and 5 could use some levels adjustment to reduce blown highlights. A CP filter might have helped, especially in the first. Like the water motion.

cheers

bb2
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:15 PM   #6

^ thanks for the comments everyone! The only thing I would have wished for on the day was a bit more sunlight.. I think that would have made all the difference as looking at the pics more lately makes me feel like they are kinda grey.. sunshine would have popped those pretty colours out.

Beachboy: What do you mean by CP filter? Sorry totally noob And thanks for your comments I will look into it :idea:
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:04 PM   #7

ScoobyDooby wrote:
Quote:
^ thanks for the comments everyone! The only thing I would have wished for on the day was a bit more sunlight.. I think that would have made all the difference as looking at the pics more lately makes me feel like they are kinda grey.. sunshine would have popped those pretty colours out.

Beachboy: What do you mean by CP filter? Sorry totally noob And thanks for your comments I will look into it :idea:
If you're using Lightroom you might as well be shooting in RAW, and changing the white balance is extremely easy when processing a RAW format.
CP I assume is a Circular Polarizing filter, polarizing filters block polarized light from hitting the image sensor. Basically, reflections from non-metallic surfaces. Although to me it looks like a completely overcast day so I don't think it would have been very effective in bringing out the sky any better. Anyway, the last one is my favourite.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:06 PM   #8

^ thanks for the tip Gerafix.

BTW Where in BC are you located? I'm in Vancouver.. did any of these shots look familiar to you by any chance?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:15 PM   #9

Yah, awesome shots!

I've been shooting RAW only for several years now (I'm such a RAW snob).

However, if you've paid for a nice sensor like the one in your new Canon, you might as well get the most out of it by shooting RAW.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:50 AM   #10

ScoobyDooby wrote:
Quote:
^ thanks for the tip Gerafix.

BTW Where in BC are you located? I'm in Vancouver.. did any of these shots look familiar to you by any chance?
No problem! I'm in Kelowna, and no I unfortunately haven't been to the coast in a while.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote