Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:00 PM   #11

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Some cool compositions in #'s 3 & 6. Most off all, I love the last one..the cat (who by the way looks just like one of my 3) just seems to jump out at you! Nice work!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:24 AM   #12

I was wondering your garden, actually! Now I see it provides a pretty nice setting for shooting. Even the colour of the soil, as youmentioned, is appealing.You are right to be fascinated by the leaves in which you applied quite a decent hdr job without any 'processed' look! I try not to go beyond f/11 so asto avoidthe negativediffusion effect on image quality. Anyway, the subtle observer is a great shot

I wanted to see how some side lighting and morning mist look in order to emphasize the source of light falling on the chairs and the sun flower. Converting in B&W and appling selective job for the sun flower might have worked. Hope you don't mind ; )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:04 PM   #13

@jelpee
Thanks for commenting, I have to get the hang of that kind of photography, I'll experiment more in the future!

@bahadir
I don'tmind at all if you water my garden... at least that's what I thought when I first saw your image. Do you know these special sprinklers, that produce a fine mist rather than a good shower? I thought such a thing was standing left of the chairs and was lit by the sun... really!

Maybe it's just that fog in my garden looks so different from what you did, that my silly brain keeps saying "NO" On the other hand I really like the processing, do you know why? That "dark shadow ray" from the upper left side towards the sunflower looks very natural for a foggy situation as does the whole construction... how did you do that?

Regards,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:27 AM   #14

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
@bahadir
I don'tmind at all if you water my garden... at least that's what I thought when I first saw your image. Do you know these special sprinklers, that produce a fine mist rather than a good shower? I thought such a thing was standing left of the chairs and was lit by the sun... really!

Maybe it's just that fog in my garden looks so different from what you did, that my silly brain keeps saying "NO" On the other hand I really like the processing, do you know why? That "dark shadow ray" from the upper left side towards the sunflower looks very natural for a foggy situation as does the whole construction... how did you do that?

Regards,
Th.

Oh, Ioften find getting lost for watering the garden the most relaxing thing in the morning assomeoneprepares the breakfast:-)Anyway my intention was ratheremphasizing the source of light falling on the chairs and the sun flower inspired bymy painting days and many kinds of amazing mists Isaw as a mountaineer, in relatively high altitudes though! I usedthe CS3 mainly andsome features in another software one called 'mystical lighting' Bynx recommended once ; )I finally ended upwith two layers one colourful and one B&W to be superimposed and erased the parts of the sunflower onthe overlying B&W layer...and saved as! Ican go in further detail if asked. Glad you liked it someway, Th: )

Cheers!

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote