Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 28, 2008, 5:44 PM   #1

Here's one of the scenesrecently shot with 2 ev spaced five exposures.I like the rain even more when in the campus!

and the road which took me there..

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2008, 7:18 PM   #2

I haven't the faintest idea what '2 ev spaced five' means, but I like the pictures - especially the second one. As well as being beautifully composed, it has a three-dimensional character to it that makes me feel that I'm actually standing there.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 8:00 PM   #3

Very nice! While they do have an HDR look to them, they don't have the faults you sometimes see with them. When you say 2 ev - do you mean that the difference between the lightest and darkest is 2 ev or do you mean that there's 2 ev between each exposure?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2008, 3:36 AM   #4

They both look pretty good from the HDR point of view. I like the composition of the first one better than the second. Not sure why.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:39 AM   #5

Both photos are very sweet Bahadir. You have got a good grasp of Photomatix and using it well. Herb doesnt realize its your good use of HDR that he is looking at. A well done example of HDR such as you are producing is my favorite kind of photo. The 3D quality and something else about them you are getting is truly a pleasure for me to look at. For a good explanation of EV (exposure value) http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/ev.html
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2008, 8:06 AM   #6

Forgive me Bahadir, I just had to see how it looks in B&W.
Attached Images

shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:15 AM   #7

Now it looks like an Ansel Adams. Nice idea shadow.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:22 PM   #8

Herb wrote:
Quote:
I haven't the faintest idea what '2 ev spaced five' means, but I like the pictures - especially the second one. As well as being beautifully composed, it has a three-dimensional character to it that makes me feel that I'm actually standing there.
Thank you for indicating your preference, Herb.That's theroad I walk along two times a weekpassing bythe Communications Faculty : )One of the reasons Igohdr isthe 3D look you mentioned. Btw, sorry for the confusion. With '2 ev spaced five exposures' I meant 5 shots each of which has twoexposure values apart from each other.

.................................................. .....

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Very nice! While they do have an HDR look to them, they don't have the faults you sometimes see with them. When you say 2 ev - do you mean that the difference between the lightest and darkest is 2 ev or do you mean that there's 2 ev between each exposure?
Thank you for your kindencouragement, Harriet. What I oftern fear during the procedure is the kind of terrible noise and scratches upsetting an otherwise nicelooking sky!...and I simply thank the god if everthing goes in order: )As for the question: 2 ev between each exposure, as you have guessed.

.................................................. ..............

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
They both look pretty good from the HDR point of view. I like the composition of the first one better than the second. Not sure why.
Having tostepin the flowerbed,my shoes musthave weighed ten pounds each after that shot:-)Thank you forprovidingthe kind feedback as well as your preference!

Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:23 PM   #9

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Both photos are very sweet Bahadir. You have got a good grasp of Photomatix and using it well. Herb doesnt realize its your good use of HDR that he is looking at. A well done example of HDR such as you are producing is my favorite kind of photo. The 3D quality and something else about them you are getting is truly a pleasure for me to look at. For a good explanation of EV (exposure value)
Thank you so much for the kind words as well as introducing that great software, dear friend. About this time last year I was cursing the dynamic range issue reducing a great view I enjoyed behind mysun glasses to a faint memory by the camera!

.................................................. ..................................

shadokachr wrote:
Quote:
Forgive me Bahadir, I just had to see how it looks in B&W.
Oh,please! I amquite interested to seeB&Wversions of the HDR pictures. Glad to see one of mine has also worked this way thanks to your good effort : )