Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:59 AM   #1
Super Moderator

OK, so this isn't a photo thread but I really couldn't decide where to put it.

I thought it would be good for us to list out our resolutions for 2009. They don't have to be photo related if you don't want them to be.

To get things kicked off, I'm going to get myself out and shoot things more. Recently I've only really been shooting if it has been on a job apart from that I've not done too much. I plan to try to do more outdoor off camera flash work as the results can be wonderful so that should be some fun.

I wish you all a wonderful 2009 :-)

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2008, 5:44 PM   #2

Well mine is to lose weight and to get my photography business started...It's long overdue!

Happy New Year!

Oh by the way, has anyone told you that you look like Jack Nicholson on that photo of your avatar?
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:19 PM   #3

I am going to stop coveting my neighbor's wife. There are so many neighbors and so many wives. Ive gotta stop coveting.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:37 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Thanks for the input guys.

As for Jack Nicholson nope never been told that and from how long ago were you thinking, he is 40 years older than me .

Anyone else making resolutions?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:53 AM   #5

Looks like the scene from "The Shining" where Jack says "Heeeere's Johnny"!!:G:lol:

As for resolutions. Mine are to continue to try new things with photography and hopefully continue to improve.

My wife's are to get in better shape and walk a half marathon in Apr.

We both are going to ride our bicycles more and have set a goal to ride 800 miles:O

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 2:44 PM   #6

Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
...We both are going to ride our bicycles more and have set a goal to ride 800 miles...
What will you do in the afternoon?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:37 PM   #7

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:07 AM   #8

Lose 20 pounds and learn photoshop!
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:19 PM   #9

Travel again, I am long overdue. Read more scripture and books related to the subject. Shoot with an idea rather than just hap hazard, shoot and hope for a keeper. Return to playing Football (Soccer) and come out of retirement and start coaching again after a twenty-six year run.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:26 PM   #10

New Years resolutions always end up being things I think about but rarely carry through. So I no longer make them, but I do try to come up with a list of things I want to work on.

First, I want to work on composition and being a more creative photographer. It's so easy to fall into taking the same favorite subjects, ones that I'm good at. But that isn't very creative - I hope all of you can bear with me and give suggestions/opinions if I start posting here in the critiques section more.

Second, I want to finish at least one of the 3 books I started reading in the past 2 months - one on Mac, one on LR2 and one on CS4, and not just get comfortable with the first part of the books and then put them down, never to finish.

Third, get back to hiking most weekends (it's too easy to sit down in front of the computer and never move).

Finally - be realistic about my photography hardware. I really don't need any more lenses. My camera bag can't hold everything I want to carry as it is. I shouldn't carry any more weight than I do now. But wouldn't it be nice to have a weather sealed macro lens? And I sure would love to have a faster lens in the kit lens focal range. And I really do need something (that isn't broken) between 135mm and 300mm. Does anyone know of a cure for LBA?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote