Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:07 AM   #1

This is the third setting:

Camera is Panasonic SLR DMZ 20
Attached Images

balmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:59 PM   #2

I downloaded, opened and looked at all 3 versions of your photo. You seem think its worth discussing. Please tell me why? Are any of the three pictures one you would proudly hang on your wall? What is it you find interesting or pleasing to the eye? When you can answer any or all the questions Ive asked then we can talk.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:33 PM   #3

Well Balmans, your silence on my questions speaks volumes. If you cant talk about your photos how can you expect other people to.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:37 PM   #4

Hi Bynx,

I am definitely proud of the pictures I have taken I like the compositon, the scenery selection and the evening color. I am sure you have a different opinion, which I would like to hear.

Cheers,

Balmans

Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:37 PM   #5

Its only my opinion, but I believe photos submitted for criticism should be of a particular nature. That being, worth the time to comment. There should be a quality that makes the viewer want to look again. There might be something 'wrong' with it. Something which is not easily explained by one but perhaps seen quite easily by another. The input states the obvious or obscure and hopefully helps the photographer. Perhaps Im expecting too much, but these are just my feelings. The three photos you submitted show some lighting difference but so what. What does that lighting difference do for the picture. None of them make the picture interesting, or show more clarification. The shots are still dark and boring. I just know if these were my shots I wouldnt be posting them expecting some reply. Instead I would be deleting them from my camera and trying again. Surely you can tell when you have a good shot or a poor shot? I guess why Im irked by your submission is Id like to see the bar raised a little for photos submitted for criticism. Some standard beyond mediocre. Again these are my feelings. If your shot was good Id be the first to say so. If its not, I wont blow smoke where the sun dont shine. Im attaching your 3 shots so all can see them at a glance to see the difference.
Attached Images

Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:16 AM   #6

Thanks Bynx,

I appreciate your views on a minimum standard of photography, for amateurs like me to achieve that standard is to post pictures and get constructive feed back from the forum. I do take on board the need for difference in pictures while using different settings. Here the difference is the white balance setting.

Cheers,

Balmans