Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:30 PM   #11

I feel a bit diffident about changing such a magnificent shot, but after trying several other modifications I ended up with this one -

Attached Images

Herb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:29 PM   #12

There are 4 elements in the photo -- sky, clouds, water and bird. While your rendition looks complete in itself, you have eliminated the impact of the clouds. Personally, I prefer Bahadir's last attempt.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:16 PM   #13

Bynx,

After comparing them I have to agree with you. Bahadir's last attempt is the better one.

This time I decided to cheat - I removed the gull, but that didn't look right either. So, having taken one liberty I took another - and had the gull fly where you now see it.
Attached Images

Herb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:20 PM   #14

The last one you did bahadir is really awesome.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 5:54 PM   #15

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Now that last rendition Bahadir is absolutely perfect. Anyone disagreeing with me can blame that on the pills they are taking. hahahahaha
I gaveout a loud laughterupon reading your variation on pills :-)As for your kind confirmation; I am happy to be ableto impove a picture I already like thanks to the push of the kind feedbacksabove! Btw, I liked your reference to 'four elements' ; )

Herb wrote:
Quote:
After comparing them I have to agree with you. Bahadir's last attempt is the better one.
This time I decided to cheat - I removed the gull, but that didn't look right either. So, having taken one liberty I took another - and had the gull fly where you now see it.

You know they say; apprencises are inspired,masters cheat :lol:Thank you foryour worthy and continuous contribution, Herb! I enjoy seeing your versions : )

Gerafix wrote:
Quote:
The last one you did bahadir is really awesome.
Thanks a lot foryour kind appreciation!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 8:11 PM   #16

The way this thread is going is a good example of why Steves is a good site. It doesnt hurt to see other takes on a pic. It helps bring out the positive and negative aspects so choices can be made. Otherwise sometimes we lack the imagination to come to the same conclusions.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:10 PM   #17

Very nice shot and HDR arkadas but i think you summed it up pretty well on the last version that is much better
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:53 PM   #18

bahadir, this is a good shot that your last crop has made great. Beautiful!
Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 2:26 AM   #19

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
The way this thread is going is a good example of why Steves is a good site. It doesnt hurt to see other takes on a pic. It helps bring out the positive and negative aspects so choices can be made. Otherwise sometimes we lack the imagination to come to the same conclusions.
Solipsism is a real threat actually... And in this regard you pointed toone magical aspect of the social media, my friend!Every work, as an outcome of one mind, or even still residing there (!!),is exposed tothe perception of the next as an incoming aesthetical object.

.................................................. ........

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shot and HDR arkadas but i think you summed it up pretty well on the last version that is much better
Thank you for letting me know your conclusion about the composition arkadaƟ....willhave tokeep up with the hdr until they make sensors with greater DR rather thanbigger MP!

.................................................. ..........

Dr. Mr. Vandertramps wrote:
Quote:
bahadir, this is a good shot that your last crop has made great. Beautiful!
Thank you my friend! While doing this, I felt I had to retain the nearer wavesto reach the observer : )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote