Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:29 AM   #1

I picked up the Zenitar 16mm fisheye lens and was playing around with it last week. It seems to be a great lens. I took this shot at San Francisco at Legion of Honors. This was taken with my film camera on a bw film scanned into digital. I did a little pp in lightroom. Tell me now I did on the processing and the composition of the shot.

I know I can clean up the scratch a little bit more but its getting late and I will do that on my final print.

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:19 AM   #2

no comment?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 3:15 AM   #3

Interesting shot, good composition though the contrast is a bit weak.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 3:18 PM   #4

You can sure tell it's a fish-eye lens! I'm another one who likes more contrast with a black and white photo. Otherwise, I like the framing. I'm just not a big fan of the barrel look from fisheye lenses, but others are, so take this as just my personal opinion.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 2:08 PM   #5

There is software available which can straighten out all those curved lines. Personally I like what you have done just fine and I find the exposure spot on. When you can get a 3 or 4% dot in the highlights and a 95 to 97% dot in the shadows then the rest of the image will be pretty well spot on in most cases.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:59 AM   #6

Drawing composition indeed with aquite decent use ofb&w.The fisheyepower(!!)thrusting the hefty walls aside,introducesa road flanked by the pillars withIonic capitals (offering aremarkable contrast in terms of well preserved propotionsto the aforementioned walls). And I can't think of a better title than 'Come in'for this job! Otherwise I'd suggest somecorrection job using the warp featurein the PS, I mean,if this image were to beput in a art history bookor sth. straight on architecture(even at the cost of losing some architectural details! -I tried itand still lookedwell, btw-). Anyway, the door at the other side could be shown half open, imo, to add abit of more suspence ; )

Bahadır

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:54 PM   #7

Thanks for the input everyone. I see the point about adding more contrast to the image, my teacher said the same thing as well. I didn't want to over due the contrast like I did with some of my other photos, but they where color. I guess with BW, it is a little bit different.

As far as the fisheye goes, I like the look and it is really fun to use this lens. I know it is unacceptable when it comes to architecture pictures if you are doing commercial work to have bent lines.

Thanks again for the input.