Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 28, 2009, 3:54 PM   #11

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Yes it seems Zeus blessed you with very nice purple clouds arkadas this is a very nice picture, i just redid it a little hope you don't mind
It was enjoyable tofind out what you did there arkadaş : ) mmmm....cropped out the lamps on the left side of the frame, emphasized the clouds and increased the vibrance, which altogether seems to have worked well. Hope I haven't missed anything. Btw, the projecting cloud to the lefthandside beyond the lights of thestreetlightlooks like the Mycenaean dagger with the lion hunt scenefrom the bronze age, doesn't it? Thanks for your interest.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:43 PM   #12

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Yes it seems Zeus blessed you with very nice purple clouds arkadas this is a very nice picture, i just redid it a little hope you don't mind
It was enjoyable tofind out what you did there arkadaş : ) mmmm....cropped out the lamps on the left side of the frame, emphasized the clouds and increased the vibrance, which altogether seems to have worked well. Hope I haven't missed anything. Btw, the projecting cloud to the lefthandside beyond the lights of thestreetlightlooks like the Mycenaean dagger with the lion hunt scenefrom the bronze age, doesn't it? Thanks for your interest
Yes you pretty much summed it up arkadas, and your right it does look like the Mycenaean dagger isn't it weird how clouds can form and resemble something it may also be a sign my friend
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:33 PM   #13

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
It was enjoyable tofind out what you did there arkadaş : ) mmmm....cropped out the lamps on the left side of the frame, emphasized the clouds and increased the vibrance, which altogether seems to have worked well. Hope I haven't missed anything. Btw, the projecting cloud to the lefthandside beyond the lights of thestreetlightlooks like the Mycenaean dagger with the lion hunt scenefrom the bronze age, doesn't it? Thanks for your interest
Yes you pretty much summed it up arkadas, and your right it does look like the Mycenaean dagger isn't it weird how clouds can form and resemble something it may also be a sign my friend
I like the waywe exchange codes in ourcorrespondence arkadaş

Ha ha ha! You're right; Itake it as a sign for tomorrow'smunicipal government elections nationwide, whose result isn't difficult to predict today for my city: Izmir will remain Izmir and the political party in power willing toconquer her shall learn thata man can do everything with a sword except sit on it:-)http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=5

Cheers!

Bahadır
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:56 PM   #14

Hello Bahadir,

This is a most evocative and powerful scene. And downrightspooky if you look at it that way.

Indeed, my first impression of this photo was that of some imminent and foreboding menace approaching the deserted playground - as though the children had already run away from the dark and threatening sky. My thoughts immediately flew to a line from Macbeth: "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes".

This photo could also be the cover of a Stephen King novel, with all of its dark and delicious potential for the occurrence of someinevitable and horrible tragedy. Hope you don't mind, but I extended the swing set to the left (as it is a central theme to this photo). I also removed that bit of vegetation that was on the brick path as I felt that the path should be visually "clean" - and thusprovide an unobstructed pathof escape (which, as it runs parallelto the horizon and incoming storm it seems to do quite well IMHO). Oh, and I applied 0.5 of CCW rotation to balance the horizon.

Thank you for posting this photo - I think it is exceptional. Cheers, Dan
Attached Images

fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:14 PM   #15

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
Hello Bahadir,

This is a most evocative and powerful scene. And downrightspooky if you look at it that way.

Indeed, my first impression of this photo was that of some imminent and foreboding menace approaching the deserted playground - as though the children had already run away from the dark and threatening sky. My thoughts immediately flew to a line from Macbeth: "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes".

This photo could also be the cover of a Stephen King novel, with all of its dark and delicious potential for the occurrence of someinevitable and horrible tragedy. Hope you don't mind, but I extended the swing set to the left (as it is a central theme to this photo). I also removed that bit of vegetation that was on the brick path as I felt that the path should be visually "clean" - and thusprovide an unobstructed pathof escape (which, as it runs parallelto the horizon and incoming storm it seems to do quite well IMHO). Oh, and I applied 0.5 of CCW rotation to balance the horizon.

Thank you for posting this photo - I think it is exceptional. Cheers, Dan
Dan, I am so delighted to read your extensive feedback in which I find your reference to Macbeth, my favouriteamong Sheakspear's plays, pretty good example of intertextuality, if we are to takemy pictureabove a 'text' in terms of semiology...

Actually Bynx had also pointed outsome clutter in that picture, which I had also agreed. Now your tasteful editserves your good explanationquite well!Thank you for yourtrouble, and sharing your literary inspirations, as well: )
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:43 AM   #16

My pleasure - no trouble at all (fun actually). Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote