Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:35 PM   #1

Ive been looking at this for so long now it does nothing for me. Am I missing something?

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:24 AM   #2

Composition and colors are beautiful, and focus is very sharp.It looks like a painting to me. If I were to nit pick, which I don't do often, it would be the sky. Is this the intended effect? Overall, the picture is very nice, with the sky being the only aspect that might remotely be considered "iffy". Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:51 AM   #3

Good observation Hawg. This was shot yesterday and there was no sky. At least nothing to speak of. It was just as you see it. Kind of dead. Out on the lake there was no visible horizon. The water and sky just blended together. Any other shots I took were just colorless and lifeless. In fact I tried to take a picture of the horizon and my camera just couldnt focus. I sure learned a lot yesterday and will never try to shoot on a day like that again. By the way, the picture is an HDR which I then put through LucisArt plugin. Thus, the painting look.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:54 AM   #4

I tend to like burning down my corners. Probably a darkroom holdover, so I applied just a touch to your image.
Hope you don't mind.
Attached Images

shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:24 PM   #5

In the first place Iquite liked the composition(which is most important to me)as Hawgwild has also put... and find some improvement in shadokachr's edit. I see you preferreda painting look,yet I find the artifacts inskyat the very least 'not very complimentary' and also distracting.Therefore I'd suggest a selectivenoise removal and a bit blue and cyan push for the sky. Then an overallslight curves. I'd also suggest a bit selective levels adjustment for the water to have it stand out evenmore. I believe you'll enjoy a somewhat more picturesque look as I've justdone : )

Cheers!

Bahadır

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:26 PM   #6

Bynx i agree the composition and colors are pretty good but that sky what ISO was this shot at?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 7:52 PM   #7

When all else fails. Get a new sky
Attached Images

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:01 PM   #8

The original was shot at ISO 100. I was doing 5 or 6 shots at different fstops to make my HDR. This is one of the original shots closest to desired exposure. Untouched except for sizing to fit here. By the way, TJ, thats a nice sky you have put in. Looks very natural and the way it usually looks. However, on the day I went there was no sky at all.
Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:40 PM   #9

Here is another shot taken same day.

Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:19 AM   #10

That's also a nice capture indeed, which would make a stamp image I thinkyoucould dosome pp for thenoisy sky and clone out the punitive stick(!!) over the goose's head, which I find somewhat distractive. Finally some cropping would work. Below is my take. Hope itmakessome sense!
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote