Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:59 PM   #1

An old Norton racing bike.
Attached Images

alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2009, 10:43 PM   #2

Not really sure where you are going with the photo. The photo is not a bad photo, it does capture the subject. If it is a photo that you capture to show the bike to someone then you did the job.

But if you want to push the photo to make it better like something you want to print and frame on the wall you might want to try it at a different angle. I am not sure if the bike is yours or not. But the next time you shoot it try shooting it at a lower angle and also watch out for what it is in front of. In your image, it could of been better if the other car wasn't there.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 11:49 AM   #3

If I wanted to frame this photo, I think I would have done a better job than I have done here. thanks for looking.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:54 AM   #4

I might be wrong, but I think this forum is to post your best efforts and get criticism or comments on how to improve it or not. Other than that I dont know what you want to hear if you didnt think your photo worthy of hanging on the wall.
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 2:39 PM   #5

An idea to capture it more interesting can be:
Try to make an picture that has conflicting things. What i mean is...a bike parked in the middle of cars... A bike in the nature. Try less usual angles. Your picture is a possible viewpoint when you stand next to your bike. How about taking a picture from below and up and then looking towards the back or front of the bike. Many posibilities.

Hope this helps you
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 3:06 PM   #6

Default bike

Bynx, I quite agree with what you are saying, I don't mind criticism, or comments,good or bad we are all here to learn from each other, I put this photo here because in its time it was one of the best bikes around, it was one that was used in the Isle of man TT races, I put it on here to show it off more than anything.
Old May 14, 2009, 3:14 PM   #7

When I was a kid owning a Norton was a big deal. It is a great bike. I guess it was just posted in the wrong forum. If its just to show off the bike then it should be put in Other Photos. As I remember correctly this pic was taken in a police impound yard. The blue car beside the bike you made mention of in another posting. This forum is for Criticism and Techniques, neither of which is needed here. Im only mentioning this to save confusion on us poor viewers.
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 2:42 AM   #8

Nice bike! I was born in the UK and lived there until I moved here (North East USA) in 1983. That picture brings back many memories of my childhood. Looking at the picture, I would suggest you think about the things which detract from the main subject (car, shadow in the foreground, shadow in the background, drain-cover…)

- Wil
Wil Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 4:14 AM   #9

Default bike

I have been on this forum a long time now, and should have know where to put the photo, so my apologies. Thanks Bynx and Wil.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:44 PM   #10

You're welcome! By the way, is the picture recent or is it old? The reason I ask is that I was looking through some pictures of bicycle I had when I lived in the UK (a Claud Butler - remember those?), and the picture (taken in the mid-1970s) was from almost the same viewpoint as yours, complete with the shadows, distracting background etc. Is the Norton Manx in the picture yours? They're a real classic, and are quite sought-after! Ah, the "feather-bed" frame! (check it out on wikipedia). Here's an article about the chap who invented it: http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/200...bed-frame.html (sorry to the non-bikers, but what a photogenic bike (there, now we're back on topic! )

Thanks again for posting the picture!

- Wil
Wil Davis is offline   Reply With Quote