Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:45 AM   #21

ok thanks now i need to go find something that i can shoot and will work trust it to be raining ....... LOL

thanks again mtngal / bynx
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:22 PM   #22

I was playing around this weekend and took a series of 3 shots, one stop apart, of a totally unremarkable, boring, scene. It was a scene that didn't need HDR, other than the sky was a bit washed out in the correctly exposed frame (I was actually playing around with a new tripod). I guess what suprised me was how much difference there was in the properly exposed and Photomatix version - it changed the contrast in unexpected places within the shot, rather than essentially duplicating the correctly exposed frame. It didn't help make theshot any more interesting and I preferred the original middle exposure. Not every scene improves with HDR; it'sa very useful tool but for specific situations.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:44 PM   #23

i know in the past i have taken one shot then duplicated it and turned it to black and white then mixed the copy and the original together using photomatix :?get some strange results sometimes ...

well i took a few raw shots of a quite boring place today to try and practice the hdr as it was raining i couldnt really go anywhere else i came up with a few differentversions of this i know it is nothing soecial but the best i could do for now

when the weather cheers up hopefully my results will too:sad:
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:41 PM   #24

I wouldn't call that "boring" at all - it's very pretty. But then, we don't have many woods like that.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 8:07 AM   #25

tried to hdr the dog today LOL

i take it you live in the city? or near the beach? there is plenty of woodland where i live.

well thats it for me on the hdr front untill i find the perfect image once again thanks for your info

Old May 1, 2009, 1:48 PM   #26

This is a very good HDR shot mtngal nice work
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 9:13 AM   #27

I've been playing around with Photomatix for two years and haven't achieved that look yet!! Mind sharing your settings with me? What a beggar I am. . . .If you dont' mind you can message me. Thanks and great shot!
soliz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 9:16 AM   #28

Simple very nice dog HDR
soliz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 11:26 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliz39 View Post
Simple very nice dog HDR
LOL she stood still for almost 30 secs giving me time to shoot enough shots
Old May 9, 2009, 12:01 PM   #30
conor

I agree with the other posters, that initial image is fantastic. I don't think it pushes the border towards fantasy too much, I see it as a slightly surreal edit but still looks like a realistic shot. I love how you were able to bring out all the detail without changing the color of the image too much. Much nicer than my first attempts (which are posted around here somewhere). My only suggestion is straighten it up in PhotoShop. (The two buildings in the upper right are leaning left, yet the one in the center left is nearly straight. My PS skills are highly lacking so I don't know how to fix it...)