Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 5, 2009, 5:05 PM   #11

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
I like both versions. I guess I prefer the warmer colors but both are just really good. Very picturesque spot.
Thank you! Yourfurther feedback is highly appreciated : )

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Excellent composed shot my friend man feeding the pigeons i like both shots if you ask me, it's kind of weird when feeding pigeons they will eat out of your hand but any other bird they fly away scared
Pleased to read you from you arkadaƟ! Well...onceIhad a hawk which was as aggrassive:-)

jollyr wrote:
Quote:
nice shot
Thanks for the incentive!

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
Great image. Your way of processing always seems to amaze me. I know it is HDR "like" but you always seem to do just enough without going overboard.
ActuallyI considerthe tone mapped hdr as raw material yet!For the rest of the job at the PS, Itake the prospective observers' opinion into consideration relying on the previous ones, oh! as much as I can! Thank you for the kind feedback : )

simple wrote:
Quote:
got to agree amazing detial!!
Thank you for the encouragement : )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 10:44 AM   #12

Me personally, I don't think its over done, its just a pity you could not have shot this with no people in the back ground.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 1:46 PM   #13

hello Behadir Long time ago that i been on this forum.... Like the colors and the moment that you took it. You waited and waited i guess.
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 9:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex james View Post
Me personally, I don't think its over done, its just a pity you could not have shot this with no people in the back ground.
Alex, I am pleased to read your opinion regarding the first output. Also, as you put it, without the people at the background, perhaps a more fateful setting for the old man could have been attained. Ah, but the square is such a busy place that even my picture looks relatively deserted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetjai View Post
hello Behadir Long time ago that i been on this forum.... Like the colors and the moment that you took it. You waited and waited i guess.
Thank you for the kind feedback! Actually I was on my way back to the bus stops and decided about the timing and the composition as I was walking near the place : ) Btw, you had the Sony, and then switched to Nikon meanwhile!
Old May 19, 2009, 12:21 PM   #15

I think this is a really nice shot. Your processing of it works quite well.

I'm okay with the people in the shot, they are distant enough so that they add a sense of environment without becoming a major focal point.

Compositionally, I like the way the birds form a sort of V, pointing to the man.

As far as the 'moment', the only suggestion I would offer is that if the man were looking up at the birds, it would have formed a dialog between the man and the birds that would have been very engaging.

Very nice shot.
ClickedImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 1:37 PM   #16

personally i like the first image better , the more i look at it the more it draws me in and the more things i notice and more the story unfolds , like the man with the purple shirt on checking the woman out with the green shirt and bag .... as for the foreground the bird feeder i can vision him just shaking the seed so just enough grains sit in the palm of his hands mumbling / tutting to the pigeons before he gently sprays the feed out ...... i really really like this !

Last edited by simple; May 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 5:42 AM   #17

Hi Bahadir

I think the shot has a wonderful balance of features to keep one gazing into it for a good while. Well done, good composition and ideas presented in it.

It also reminds me of various European / Mediterranean scenes that I came across during my years in Europe, so for me it has that emotive quality, too.

However something "niggles" me about it - and I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel you did a great job with the HDR and also presented a good balance on the colours / saturation (maybe the first is a bit overdone with saturation, as John G says). It could be some over sharpening (as John also mentioned) - but something doesn't quite "sit right" with me.

That's not to say it's a bad shot. On the contrary it's a wonderful shot. Just I can't put my finger on it - but something in it holds me back from saying it's "superb". Maybe it's just a personal subconscious thing (e.g. the tower being just off centre, or I don't know...) You're a master artist with your work. Please keep sharing! (PS I'd have been happy to take a similar shot like that!)

Cheers

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 5:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickedImages View Post
I think this is a really nice shot. Your processing of it works quite well.

I'm okay with the people in the shot, they are distant enough so that they add a sense of environment without becoming a major focal point.

Compositionally, I like the way the birds form a sort of V, pointing to the man.

As far as the 'moment', the only suggestion I would offer is that if the man were looking up at the birds, it would have formed a dialog between the man and the birds that would have been very engaging.

Very nice shot.

Thank you for the feedback! I enjoyed reading your opinion regarding the presence of the people and your observetion of the V shape! Your suggestion, if he (the old seller) had done so, would also bring another appealing interpretration to the picture.
Cheers!

.................................................. ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
personally i like the first image better , the more i look at it the more it draws me in and the more things i notice and more the story unfolds , like the man with the purple shirt on checking the woman out with the green shirt and bag .... as for the foreground the bird feeder i can vision him just shaking the seed so just enough grains sit in the palm of his hands mumbling / tutting to the pigeons before he gently sprays the feed out ...... i really really like this !

Reading your heartily observations, I likened the picture more to the opening scene of the first sequence of a film shot in wide angle meant to introduce the lives and the place. Then it follows with narrower angles for individuals. If I were the director, I'd give as much detail as I could to describe them at that point. Oh but I know I have very limited control on them except determining the time of capturing their image...Thank you!

Last edited by bahadir; May 20, 2009 at 5:57 AM.
Old May 20, 2009, 6:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Bahadir

I think the shot has a wonderful balance of features to keep one gazing into it for a good while. Well done, good composition and ideas presented in it.
However something "niggles" me about it - and I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel you did a great job with the HDR and also presented a good balance on the colours / saturation (maybe the first is a bit overdone with saturation, as John G says). It could be some over sharpening (as John also mentioned) - but something doesn't quite "sit right" with me.

That's not to say it's a bad shot. On the contrary it's a wonderful shot. Just I can't put my finger on it - but something in it holds me back from saying it's "superb". Maybe it's just a personal subconscious thing (e.g. the tower being just off centre, or I don't know...) You're a master artist with your work. Please keep sharing! (PS I'd have been happy to take a similar shot like that!)

Cheers

Paul

I'm happy to hear from you my friend! I consider sentiments as pre-thoughts, and therefore I am sure one will ultimately find out what it is one cannot quite place...Actually the same applies to me about a film I saw the day before, and again yesterday...I'd be pleased to know if you come up with an answer. Btw, I am humbled by your kindness.

Quote:
It also reminds me of various European / Mediterranean scenes that I came across during my years in Europe, so for me it has that emotive quality, too.
Kind of 'intertextuality' I also feel sometimes as if I was tossed into a French film being shot in Izmir almost hearing nostalgic songs in the air!

Your extensive comment is likely to keep me contemplate after I've pressed the 'submit reply' button : )

Last edited by bahadir; May 20, 2009 at 8:23 AM.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Alex, I am pleased to read your opinion regarding the first output. Also, as you put it, without the people at the background, perhaps a more fateful setting for the old man could have been attained. Ah, but the square is such a busy place that even my picture looks relatively deserted!

Thank you for the kind feedback! Actually I was on my way back to the bus stops and decided about the timing and the composition as I was walking near the place : ) Btw, you had the Sony, and then switched to Nikon meanwhile!
Yes I was using a sony Alpha 100,700, but my 700 was stolen with by most used lenses....24-70 2.8 sigma, 50 1.4 12-24 sigma. I did not like the prof Sony 900 because it's a studio, good weather Dslr very good for big posters, but that is not what I could use. So i choose an Nikon.
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote