Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:19 AM   #1

I often find it fascinating to observe time passing through and around a text or image at different pacing. Wouldbe happyto read your remarks on the form, concept orwhatever : )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:52 AM   #2

I bet he understands the world better than most enlightened journalist....just from listening to the birds.

Nice emotional capture buddy :-)
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:49 AM   #3

I like the capture and composition. There's a lot in the image but I think it all works well - I really like it!

However it has a very much over-processed look to it - in both sharpening and saturation. I think with those things toned down a bit, the image would be more affective.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:19 PM   #4

Its interesting how people see the same thing differently. When first looked at your photo I thought how much I liked your HDR processing. Then I read John G say how he would like it better if that processing were not done. Each to their own. Great shot though.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:26 PM   #5

eddie haskell wrote:
Quote:
I bet he understands the world better than most enlightened journalist....just from listening to the birds.

Nice emotional capture buddy :-)

hahaha! Kind of response I expect of you my friend :lol:

.................................................. ............................

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Its interesting how people see the same thing differently. When first looked at your photo I thought how much I liked your HDR processing. Then I read John G say how he would like it better if that processing were not done. Each to their own. Great shot though.
Thanks for your appreciation. That's a hdr indeed! I wouldn't have the three dimensional look like a theater stage othervise.Would like to know your opinionabout the version below.

.................................................. ...............

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
I like the capture and composition. There's a lot in the image but I think it all works well - I really like it!

However it has a very much over-processed look to it - in both sharpening and saturation. I think with those things toned down a bit, the image would be more affective.

Thank you forthe kind feedback.Actually I had also considered the composition regarding the abundance of images, cropped, but left as it is in the end : ) A very tight cropping including the old seller, the base of the clocktower,8-10 doves, and the waiting lady might also work, though. Anyway, below is anothertakewith somewhat cooler colours.

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:10 PM   #6

I like both versions. I guess I prefer the warmer colors but both are just really good. Very picturesque spot.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:55 PM   #7

Excellent composed shot my friend man feeding the pigeons i like both shots if you ask me, it's kind of weird when feeding pigeons they will eat out of your hand but any other bird they fly away scared
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 8:26 PM   #8

nice shot
jollyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 9:34 PM   #9

Great image. Your way of processing always seems to amaze me. I know it is HDR "like" but you always seem to do just enough without going overboard.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 3:30 AM   #10

got to agree amazing detial!!
simple is offline   Reply With Quote