Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 3, 2009, 2:48 AM   #1

Hello,

I would just like to know what you all thought of this smoking poster I put together... Let me know what you think, and how I can improve upon it.

Thanks.
Attached Images

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2009, 3:38 AM   #2

you know what i like it .... how to improve mmm? i havent done anything like this before so take my words with a pinch of salt .... move the dont engulf your life in flames to the top left hand corner ...lower the put the smoke out nearer to the bottom and have the smoke raising from the word smoke up around her throat ?

i really like the smoking image of the woman smoking did you combine two images together ? or did the model actually pose for it?
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 12:55 PM   #3

simple wrote:
Quote:
you know what i like it .... how to improve mmm? i havent done anything like this before so take my words with a pinch of salt .... move the dont engulf your life in flames to the top left hand corner ...lower the put the smoke outÂ* nearer to the bottomÂ* and have the smoke raising from the word smoke up around her throat ?

i really like the smoking image of the woman smoking did you combine two images together ? or did the model actually pose for it?
The model actually posed for this shot.

Thanks for your critique. I will try out what you mentioned and I will see if I like it.
Old May 3, 2009, 1:51 PM   #4

Here is another version with a different colour of text...
Attached Images

Old May 3, 2009, 2:18 PM   #5

shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
simple wrote:
Quote:
you know what i like it .... how to improve mmm? i havent done anything like this before so take my words with a pinch of salt .... move the dont engulf your life in flames to the top left hand corner ...lower the put the smoke out nearer to the bottom and have the smoke raising from the word smoke up around her throat ?

Thanks for your critique. I will try out what you mentioned and I will see if I like it.
love the pose , the reason i say move thetext to the left hand side is so the textdoesnt catch the models eye
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 2:58 PM   #6

simple wrote:
Quote:
shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
simple wrote:
Quote:
you know what i like it .... how to improve mmm? i havent done anything like this before so take my words with a pinch of salt .... move the dont engulf your life in flames to the top left hand corner ...lower the put the smoke outÂ* nearer to the bottomÂ* and have the smoke raising from the word smoke up around her throat ?

love the pose , the reason i say move thetext to the left hand side is so the textÂ*doesnt catch the models eye
Here is it, with the text moved up, and a different background.

Attached Images

Old May 3, 2009, 8:24 PM   #7

Hey Shooting_rubber,

How about "knocking" the words "Don't engulf your life in flames" out of the flames? I think there is enough contrast there to let viewers read the words clearly.

Maybe put "Don't engulf" on the 1st line. "your Life" on the 2nd line & "in Flames" on the 3rd line. It may read easier.

And kinda a weird idea, how about having her hair become the flames. As if she is actually catching fire and going up in flames. Kinda a weird image, but maybe attention grabbing? Maybe? <grin>

Please take my ideas with a grain of sand. Just having fun with ideas.

Take care, yours truly,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 3:15 PM   #8

Latest version:
Attached Images

Old May 6, 2009, 10:39 PM   #9

Here's an idea I have been playing with...
Attached Images

Old May 7, 2009, 7:05 AM   #10

Hey there!

Now that's good!

No so preach'y. More cryptic. And most importantly, makes the viewer think.

I love it!

Take care, yours truly,
Glen
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote