Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 4, 2009, 10:59 AM   #1
conor

Something unique resulting from a quick shoot last night. CC welcome and Appreciated.

Last edited by conor; Nov 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2009, 1:46 PM   #2

Like the plants that are lit by the light and that the surroundings a bit dark. I wonder how it can be that the light at the left is slowly being less... nice effect.
Any other settings used then a longer shutter time?
This could be a good picture for in the office?
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 3:14 PM   #3
conor

i think i fired the shutter when the train was just outside the right of the frame, so its brighter on the right because i could see the headlights almost directly.

as for "settings"
ISO200, f9, 25s 20mm (shot with my 18-55mm kit lens)

Edit: I think i'm going to try it again when the weather is nicer, this time i'll manually fire the flash at the train to see if i can get it frozen in the middle of the frame with the blur passing over it... i think it'll give a slightly more "ghost-train" effect. The issue is, the wait can be as long as 30 minutes to try again...
Old May 21, 2009, 12:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
i think i fired the shutter when the train was just outside the right of the frame, so its brighter on the right because i could see the headlights almost directly.

as for "settings"
ISO200, f9, 25s 20mm (shot with my 18-55mm kit lens)

Edit: I think i'm going to try it again when the weather is nicer, this time i'll manually fire the flash at the train to see if i can get it frozen in the middle of the frame with the blur passing over it... i think it'll give a slightly more "ghost-train" effect. The issue is, the wait can be as long as 30 minutes to try again...
Thesekind pf pictures are special. If you can make more of these. It;s not what most poeple don't do that makes this picture special. But I am curious what your next picture will look like
feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 11:59 AM   #5

If you every can try this shot again, I think you should try a shorter shutter speed, so you can actually see the train. If you decrease the shutter speed you will also have to use a larger aperture (smaller fstop)...

Just my take on it.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 6:10 PM   #6

it's kind of interesting, but my gut says it can be better with a little experimenting. not sure exactly what tweaks to make. . .but the concept is very interesting. Good luck with the next attempt.
soliz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2009, 2:52 AM   #7
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliz39 View Post
it's kind of interesting, but my gut says it can be better with a little experimenting. not sure exactly what tweaks to make. . .but the concept is very interesting. Good luck with the next attempt.
thanks. when i have a chance to get out at night to try again, i'll be sure to update this thread