Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:12 AM   #11
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
By golly, I think you got it. I like yours better because the color is truer to the original photo. Good job! Robert
i just happened to have an old copy of PhotoShop on my memory card, its great to have it installed there because I have it wherever my camera is.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 4:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Conor, here is a quick edit of your flower ala Bahadir, I hope. What do you think?
Hey, thank you for the credit : ) ...btw, that's a nice edit! However, imo, while creating depth of field, I'd prefer lens blur rather than gaussian blur which tend to cause dark halos around the subject since it mainly blur the edges. Oh, especially with backgrounds not so homogenios, you'll see the lens blur would end with a more pleasing buttery look!
I also used the elements a few years ago and it really served well to me. Yet, upgrading to CS variants proved to be 'Godsend' even only considering the basic gains such as 'curves', 'colour balance', 'lens blur', etc., which I strongly recommend ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
Good idea, I'll give it a try.
Conor, your edit does justice to the 'good idea' as Robert also put above : ) Well done!
Btw, you'll find another case study here which might interest you : http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=251

Last edited by bahadir; Jun 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:41 PM   #13
conor

great reference there bahadir, thanks for that, I'm definitely going to play with those suggestions when I have a bit of free time
Old Jun 9, 2009, 1:53 PM   #14

Very nice edit. I have to agree with hawgwild's first comment, though, that a slightly lower angle might give the flower more depth. I'm not suggesting a full side view, just a bit lower perspective than what you've got here.
jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:52 PM   #15

Nice job. I take lots of shots of flowers but never seem to get that kind of result.
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote