Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 16, 2009, 1:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueg View Post
I'm awestruck. Beautiful photography,you're very talented. I'm a newby,so I don't critique yet. Hope it's ok to just say I think the photos are perfectly beautiful.

sueg thanks for your comments , im also a newby on my first camera and still in my first year thats why forums are so cool they open your eyes and the critique is always good even if bad as long as you take it on board

simon
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:33 PM   #12
Super Moderator

i would agree that the final rendition is a great HDR and technically superior in every way.

however, i liked the atmosphere evoked by the "overdone" version, sure its not reality, not by a large margin, but it evokes a definate "ominous" emotion. especially if you fix the band of lightened sky just above the mountains and the blueish spot in the mid-tower region.

maybe there is a balance between the overdone and the fixed that could be found too, idk. just some ideas.

been a while since i critiqued anything, so take me with a grain of salt for a bit.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:00 AM   #13

I agree with Hards80. There is a place for both versions. For an artist, often photography is just the first step in the process to the final product. And remember people's opinions are like aholes......everyone has one. You can never please all the people all the time. Most important thing is whether you are satisfied. But then Im a strong supporter of HDR and like it in all its forms. Keep up the good work.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:24 AM   #14

hards80 thanks for your comments and of coarse yourself bynx i always listen to what others say ..... even if someone basically said it was rubbish /[email protected] i dont mind (your comments are positve ) id rather someone be honest with there replys than beat around the bush .... as you guys say hdr is a thing of taste you either like it or you dont i think its great personally ..... even some images that dont look real are what can i say FANTASTIC! but some dislike it as they say it takes the photography away and goes too far .... 90% of images are now edited in some form it is the digital way.....bynx im with you if it looks good who cares .... if it looks crap thank the lord for digital and re-attempt

if i could i would love to learn more about HDR and make it main photo subject and spend more time doing it but i cant LOL

Last edited by simple; Aug 19, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 4:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
looking back at the church in the 2nd shot i agree ive gone a bit overboard so ive re-done it .

as for a panorama it would be cool but maybe next time i get to visit this beutiful place

guys / gals got a question i have redone this picture again and want to enter it into a local competition would you class this as landscape or pictorial ?

thanks
Old Sep 11, 2009, 5:33 PM   #16

I would call it outstanding whether its a landscape or pictorial.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:33 AM   #17

I think these pictures are both beautiful and of course the Lake District in England is simply stunning. Beatrix Potter, etc.

The photos are great, but IMHO the less processing, the better the picture. I'm not a fan of over processing...I feel if you can see it, then it's too much. But that's me.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:42 AM   #18

Well done I thought they all turned out well

I tried an edit on one to make it bolder

Last edited by musket; Sep 14, 2009 at 4:46 AM.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:13 PM   #19

musket i really like your edit one problem is though this is the wrong thread LOL i think the image above belongs to the http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...heavy-hdr.html thread .... i really love the sky in this edit
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:17 PM   #20

ha ha ha well that's what happens, when you leave it for a while it gets mixed up
musket is offline   Reply With Quote